1. rulesofachia's rating of the film Thais

Such a shame this exists only as a low quality fragment and that the other futurist films are lost. Hopefully they get found. I especially want to see "The king, the rook, the bishop" (1917). As for Thais, it's primarily a diva melodrama with the weirdest element being the "Door to the Mysterious Beyond" i.e. A suicide chamber with whacked-out wallpaper!

2. José Neves's rating of the film Thais

16mm. In a truncated film it will be difficult to find meaning or unity for what has been recovered from it. In this one, despite its historical importance, the futuristic invention at the level of décors and costumes is not very conjugable with its classic incomplete narrative.

3. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Thais

Same epistemological problem as A Page of Madness (you're watching a film fragment), and while I think it's worth seeing for Prampolini's designs, the surviving footage is so poor you never get a good look at it. I almost wish someone would curate an exhibit on futurismo scenography (set designs, production drawings, etc.) since none of the movement's films from Italy survive, save this one.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film Thais

Only 35 minutes exist and they are so faded and blurry! It is still really cool, essentially a melodrama, but with some very unique and risque elements that make it worthwhile. Watching it was like watching a ghost of the film! Part of the fun, trying to figure out what the hell I'm seeing makes it seem more like a dream than a film...

5. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Thais

Scenography by Enrico Prampolini ♥

6. Marco Adamo Graziosi's rating of the film Thais

where did you guys get this? can't find it anywhere