1. Richard Tines's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

A not-as-clever-as-it-coulda-been black dramedy about a between good and evil Big Tobacco lobbyist (read: spin doctor) and the culture and politics of vice in general, whether it's drugs, violence, moral grandstanding, or news reporting, this at least, as a hopefully soon-to-be ex-smoker, got me interested in checking out the book it was based on, which I plan on doing sometime in the future...

2. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Fun to see, altough my favourite part is not even relevant for the plot... 2,5

3. Marach Adipalin's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

I've always loved a satire, but the ending on this one is too generous.

4. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Completely devoid of any sort of fake morality and riddled with a twisted sense of humor, this film is a brilliant piece of contemporary political satire. The writing is deliciously smart and cynical and Eckart achieves the impossible, by turning his amoral lobbyist into a likable, refreshingly bold man of his time. The scenes with the MOD ("Merchants of Death") trio are definitely my favorite.

5. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

It's the exact same movie as Up in the Air. But it's not bad.

6. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Quanto può piacere un rappresentante di sigarette? A quanto pare tanto. Dinamico, divertente e ben scritto, il film di Reitman è un pacchetto da 20 che fumerete in un fiato, finendo l'ultima con un sorriso sulle labbra. Ottimi gli attori e originale la regia, peccato per qualche scelta narrativa che ogni tanto risulta un filo prevedibile, non compromettendo però un lavoro globalmente più che buono. Sigaretta?

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Eckhart was made for this movie. Very entertaining.

8. Ilkan Atabay's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

9. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

★★★½ "Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I talk. Everyone has a talent."

10. Nathan's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Not watched on Mubi - Review pending

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

The attempt to shock and point out hypocrisy in American culture wears thin by the end.

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Never has a film before come close to my personal philosophy than this one. And JK Simmons is in it too.

13. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

15. Ginarley's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Enjoyable if a little trite at times. The lead is well executed but I felt most of the supporting cast were a bit underwhelming - the merchants of death were the only part with real chemistry for me.

16. Rachel Tampubolon's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

17. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Lo valorable de "Gracias por fumar" es en referente a que su trama no cede a las normas tradicionales, sobre personajes cínicos camino a la redención. Jason Reitman me recuerda a Alexander Payne, especialmente al de "Election". La trama no busca una curación de los antivalores morales. Todo lo contrario. Los apela y los sustenta a modo de que se mantengan fieles, en este caso, en pie a la sátira construída.

18. F-BOMB's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Aaron Eckhart's fantastically cast as a smooth talker with a shit-eating grin. Katie Holmes is fantastically cast as a huge bitch, and JK Simmons is fantastically cast as J Jonah Jameson, more or less. Behind them is a film with an amazing pacing, amazing sound selection, and not a single weak moment. This movie's one of my out-of-left-field picks for top howevermany best movies ever.

19. edrina's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking

Fairly written story, interesting lines and fascinating cinematography though the way the movie tells the story is a little dull. This got me smiling at Nick's clever lines/winning arguments.

20. Trunfos's rating of the film Thank You for Smoking