1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film That Day

A wonderfully quirky movie about a psychopathic killer and – not to use the word ‘insane’ – a poetically unstable heiress. “That Day” feels like some European detective TV series twisted ad absurdum. There’s a killer that kills everybody (but feels a bit bad about it), the heiress who is at first shocked, then playful, eventually in love, police whose theory of how to catch the loony is original, to say the least.

2. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film That Day

3. darioscha's rating of the film That Day

Se ha vuelto de mis películas favoritas!

4. lou.'s rating of the film That Day

Quelle beauté! Scénario magnifique, interprétation des acteurs aussi naïf que sublime... je regrette énormément d'avoir raté le film proustien, mais je jure à moi-même, je vais le rattraper très bientôt!

5. msmichel's rating of the film That Day

The playfulness and archaic spirit of Raul Ruiz meets the crime thriller in this sometimes fun over-the-top grand guignol. Eventually it becomes a little too precious and wears out its' welcome.

6. captainfez's rating of the film That Day

I wish I'd been the one hit with a hammer.

7. Jason's rating of the film That Day

CE JOUR-LÀ contains, without giving too much away, some head injuries. The film itself seems to have been conceived and plotted-out in a kind of post-head-injury stupor. It would not then seem too surprising to say, as I am pressed to say, that watching the thing itself involves an experience akin to something normally preceded by a hell of a wallop. And there is holy idiocy here that would make Dostoevsky blush.

8. Juan Javier's rating of the film That Day

9. alex's rating of the film That Day

un capolavoro, non spaventatevi se l'inizio è un pò onirico, guardatelo fino alla fine

10. panagiotatos's rating of the film That Day

an insupportable movie, trying to be funny and smart to no avail.

11. Leonardo Kammermann's rating of the film That Day

Brillante peli de Raúl Ruiz. Inteligente, sensible, mágica. Para mí, un descubrimiento luminoso. Maravillosas actuaciones de Bernard Giraudeau y Elsa Zylberstein.

12. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film That Day

Pas mal, mais si ce n'était pas de Raul RUIZ, personne n'en parlerait.

13. tangoletal's rating of the film That Day

Película de genero atravesada por el surrealismo y guiños de humor. Genial!!

14. mad.lucas's rating of the film That Day

Very original and with an unexpected ending. I laughed with guilt.

15. roger's rating of the film That Day

Entertaining set piece; stylised acting with a dream like logic (Reminded me of Bernard Blier's Buffet Froid somehow)

16. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film That Day

Final score: 6. Storyline: 6, Originality: 6, Cinematography: 6, Involvement: 5, Sound: 6, Editing: 6, Educational: 6, Title design: 6, Acting: 6, Interesting: 6, Unusual: 6, Exciting: 5, Superior: 6

17. Adam Whybray's rating of the film That Day

Sappy in a demented way. Comforting too because God protects the innocent as long as it has a hammer! I did want to see the zoo though.

18. Anita G's rating of the film That Day

What a great film on many levels. Was really not expecting anything and have been completely engrossed in it throughout. Clever, funny and unique. Who amongst us is insane and not afraid to show it ?

19. 'king Harold's rating of the film That Day

I had know idea what was going on, I am way too stupid for this. I was distracted by the face of the lady and forgot to concentrate on the dialogue and kept losing my way, it looks like it should be good, I was going to watch it again but I ran out of time.

20. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film That Day

Brilliant! A dark farce, really bizarre, totally original.

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film That Day

Beautiful setting. Fantastic cast and acting. This film is a mad, psychotic black comedy. I enjoyed the humour (personally I think it's actually the first French film that I genuinely appreciated as a comedy :) I found the political references confusing, I guess because I never lived in France or Switzerland. Excellent!

22. j's rating of the film That Day

A surreal and unexpected slapstick psychotic showdown.

23. dialupmodem's rating of the film That Day

beautiful location and some really wonderful cinematography! the pans that almost erase the walls are honestly something else!

24. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film That Day

A delightful black comedy with a haunting performance by the ballerina-like Elsa Zylberstein, and of the course the great Michel 'Themroc' Piccoli. BUT some SERiOUS continuity hiccups.