1. 94..'s rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

2. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

3. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

4. Z-666's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

5. Sơn Phước's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Fun and painful to watch to. Carole Bouquet is so beautiful!

6. Andra Nicoleanu's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

How obsession can blur your vision.

7. Seesaw's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Hongsangsoo's trace all over on the palette of the master Bunuel.

8. Nick Potter's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

The rare film that immediately makes me want to dive back in and start it all over. Bunuel (mostly) gets me some kinda way, and I can't begin to fully fathom that, but I love it.

9. Alfred Gonzalez's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

To the reviewer who felt that this wasn’t such a big deal because it’s a faithful adaptation of Louÿs’ novel: if only successful and satisfying adaptations were that easy to produce! It would have been interesting if mubi had thought to provide the other adaptation, The Devil is a Woman, for comparison. Buñuel’s film is a work of maturity: pared to the essentials, leaving you to arrive at your own interpretation.

10. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Foreplay takes patience, monsieur.

11. tintinmugshot's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Brilliant. I know many relationships that are exactly like this.

12. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

3-4. I'm really torn, because, as is characteristic of Bunuel, this flick is mostly about political evocation. It takes a while for actual conflict to build between the two leads, but the game played wherein flamenco-dancing existentialist switches with pure-hearted madonna and back, as a man naive about his own lust and power pursues her is fascinating. It feels like a true dilution of Bunuel's politics, too.

13. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

What we want most of all are the things we cannot have. Bunuel’s film expresses the tension created by what we project of ourselves upon the world and upon others as we seek completion externally. The eroticism and frustration played out against a background of rising social violence illustrates the ultimate futility of a society based upon endless acquisition. What begins in a bedroom ends in a shopping mall.

14. Fab S's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Drôle, absurde, sexuel. Un film qui explore beaucoup de questions érotiques

15. David R Williams's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

"Bunuel, of course, is exercising his own dry and totally original wit. His film is filled with small, droll touches, with tiny peculiarities of behavior, with moral anarchy, with a cynicism about human nature that somehow seems, in his hands, almost cheerful. "

16. angeldromero's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Masterwork by Buñuel, thank you genius. HE MADE A FILM ABOUT LOVE AS IT FEELS, LOVE AS IT IS. I felt the danger of love, I felt the instability of love, I felt the duality of love. Desire, confusion, fulfillment and disappointment.

17. Monkey Flix's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

This is a cruel movie to play for somebody with face blindness. I was two-thirds of the way through it before I noticed that Conchita's hair was changing color.

18. Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

I was completely baffled in the end because I don't see the purpose for the terrorist attack (the bomb at the end of the film). In my opinion, this film's overrated. I know I have an unpopular opinion but this film was just not for me (not something I enjoyed).

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Buñuel's final outing is one of his most sadistic films and further proof that he will always be the master of the black comedy!

20. Myles's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

21. nematomaranka's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

one of those memorable movies that you will refer to for the rest of your live.

22. Brian Marks's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Bunuel's final film is one of his most fascinating experiments. He almost completely abandons surrealism, yet retains the same political fury. The only remnant of past surrealism is the use of two actresses to play the same woman. Far from a gimmick, it emphasizes just how little Mathieu understands the woman he's obsessed with.

23. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Luis Bunuel's flavor for wit and surrealism makes this film superior to almost any other drama. It is a fight between sexes intensified with random acts of terrorism and symbolism. Carole Bouquet and Angela Molina play the same role making the character more mysterious and hard to decipher in a directorial masterstroke. Incredible film.

24. dordairobert's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire