1. dordairobert's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

2. FISCHER's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

>>> Une sorte de glossaire de tous les thèmes et les obsessions du grand Bunuel, dans une oeuvre qui n'a plus la force ni la spontanéité de ses anciens chefs-d'oeuvre... www.cinefiches.com

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Perhaps the best guide to gaslighting I have ever seen.

4. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

7.5/10. A seemingly straightforward Bunuel film becomes all the weirder when you try to explain its simple plot: a wealthy older man lusts after a younger girl. But, like, there's two girls? And intermittent terrorist attacks? Some wickedly funny scenes--like when our hero realizes that his young girlfriend is basically wearing a chastity belt--her undergarment has too many knots and is too confusing to remove.

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Lesser Bunuel, but not without it’s bright spots. All the familiar themes are here, he’s just done it better.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Ah, the subtle madness of desire.

7. anacecil's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Muy interesante este clásico del Cine

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Bunuel wrote in his autobiography that as he got older he was glad to be rid of desire. He felt it was something that controlled him. He finally felt free. It's no mean irony that women's desire often goes the opposite way.

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

10. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

11. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

"My guitar is mine. I'll play it for whom I please."

12. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

My review: https://letterboxd.com/dynamitefilms/film/that-obscure-object-of-desire/

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

14. EdieEmm's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

A fun, and from what I gather relatively faithful, adaptation of a much-adapted novel. Which makes it awfully hard to see what the hype is about. A compelling story, certainly, but that's no credit to Bunuel. The two actress thing's a nice touch, even if it evolved more from of a turn of circumstance than any interpretive vision. Which leaves, what? The terrorism thread? Is that the piece that makes this "brilliant"?

15. Murat Erdem's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Eskiler beni kolay kolay hayal kırıklığına uğratmaz; bu filmde de öyle oldu. Su gibi akan ve ilgiyi fazlasıyla hak eden bir film. Bu kadar geç izlediğime pişman oldum.

16. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

18. B o g d a n's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

19. postblueink's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

7.5/10 (... .02.2016). what a wonderful actress.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Not many major artists get to go out with so much style-- Huston with the Dead?

21. Mr. Marston's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

22. anschyn's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

men and their minds , women and their inherited behaviors

23. Renton47's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Is it possible that we could attain the utopia we desire? It seems that to do so we must first transcend all limitations of culture and biology - basically our humanism. So maybe not. Here we see a vision of love that is only inhibited by our inability to question the nature of consumption, the incessant desire for power. Bunuel suggests we are once again imprisoned by our own belief in what we think must be.

24. HSBilly's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

there's no good bye for you, bunuel. even its your last, but your presence is timeless. i prefer good night. emotionally crying. and for bouquet.... ah bouquet, you take my words away.