1. vizija's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

2. tinderness's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Die Macht der Ohnmächtigen und die Ohnmacht der Mächtigen - nichts ist mehr so wie es war. Ein sehr schöner Film über sexuelle und soziale Abhängigkeit mit Ausflügen ins Surreale - Kino, das weit über die Schmerzgrenze männlicher Empfindlichkeit führt.

3. AVA's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Als großer Bunuel Verehrer etwas enttäuschend dies letzte Werk-zu konträr die beiden Hauptdarstellerinnen einer Rolle.Eine zu offensichtliche Täuschung.

4. Mtume Gant's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Bunuel proves that meaning is greater when its done through an experience. I feel like I understand this film even though I couldn't make "sense" of a few of its conventions. But you aren't supposed too, you get it in your subconscious and your bones.

5. josé neves's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

1st seen in 35mm, rewatched in a digital file projection.

6. joana's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

7. 94..'s rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

8. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

9. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

10. Z-666's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

11. Sơn Phước's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Fun and painful to watch to. Carole Bouquet is so beautiful!

12. Andra Nicoleanu's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

How obsession can blur your vision.

13. Seesaw's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Hongsangsoo's trace all over on the palette of the master Bunuel.

14. Nick Potter's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

The rare film that immediately makes me want to dive back in and start it all over. Bunuel (mostly) gets me some kinda way, and I can't begin to fully fathom that, but I love it.

15. Alfred Gonzalez's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

To the reviewer who felt that this wasn’t such a big deal because it’s a faithful adaptation of Louÿs’ novel: if only successful and satisfying adaptations were that easy to produce! It would have been interesting if mubi had thought to provide the other adaptation, The Devil is a Woman, for comparison. Buñuel’s film is a work of maturity: pared to the essentials, leaving you to arrive at your own interpretation.

16. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Foreplay takes patience, monsieur.

17. tintinmugshot's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Brilliant. I know many relationships that are exactly like this.

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

3-4. I'm really torn, because, as is characteristic of Bunuel, this flick is mostly about political evocation. It takes a while for actual conflict to build between the two leads, but the game played wherein flamenco-dancing existentialist switches with pure-hearted madonna and back, as a man naive about his own lust and power pursues her is fascinating. It feels like a true dilution of Bunuel's politics, too.

19. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

What we want most of all are the things we cannot have. Bunuel’s film expresses the tension created by what we project of ourselves upon the world and upon others as we seek completion externally. The eroticism and frustration played out against a background of rising social violence illustrates the ultimate futility of a society based upon endless acquisition. What begins in a bedroom ends in a shopping mall.

20. Fab S's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Drôle, absurde, sexuel. Un film qui explore beaucoup de questions érotiques

21. David R Williams's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

"Bunuel, of course, is exercising his own dry and totally original wit. His film is filled with small, droll touches, with tiny peculiarities of behavior, with moral anarchy, with a cynicism about human nature that somehow seems, in his hands, almost cheerful. "

22. angeldromero's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

Masterwork by Buñuel, thank you genius. HE MADE A FILM ABOUT LOVE AS IT FEELS, LOVE AS IT IS. I felt the danger of love, I felt the instability of love, I felt the duality of love. Desire, confusion, fulfillment and disappointment.

23. Monkey Flix's rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

This is a cruel movie to play for somebody with face blindness. I was two-thirds of the way through it before I noticed that Conchita's hair was changing color.

24. Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s rating of the film That Obscure Object of Desire

I was completely baffled in the end because I don't see the purpose for the terrorist attack (the bomb at the end of the film). In my opinion, this film's overrated. I know I have an unpopular opinion but this film was just not for me (not something I enjoyed).

← Previous 1 3 4