1. Arijan's rating of the film The 400 Blows

2. Pelin Şahin's rating of the film The 400 Blows

"herkesin annesi yok, onun kendisi/ ’ey güzel baba’ hem benim/ hem kimsesi/ adı bir unutkanlık/ bence: yosma/ küçük, küçük, yok gibi bir kız/ önce dudaklar küser/ ’Annemiz yoksa!’/ beni bir parkta yitirecek yaşta/ incelikler sınıfında/ keşke okuldan beraber kaçsaydık!" haydar ergülen

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The 400 Blows

Cette première oeuvre, après quelques sympathiques incursions dans le domaine du court métrage, reste peut-être le meilleur film de notre metteur en scène dont la plupart des films nous semblent souvent étrangement surestimés... www.cinefiches.com

4. stopyunn's rating of the film The 400 Blows

Cute movie. If I was a teacher, who writes poems and stuff, I would have adooooored Antoine!!! I know teaching is more complicated than that but still

5. Neil Sch's rating of the film The 400 Blows

6. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film The 400 Blows

7. yovargas's rating of the film The 400 Blows

Boy misbehaves. Adults freak out. So boy misbehaves some more. So the adults freak out even more. And the cycle continues until something has to break. There's interesting ideas in here and the boy gives a great performance but there's a blandness to the execution that left me largely bored and unengaged. Wanted to like it but I give it a C-.

8. MistaRichard's rating of the film The 400 Blows

With the superlative technical and historical aspects so extensively discussed to the point that they can almost go without saying, what I found to be at the heart of this truly remarkable movie is its hability to linger on for much longer after you've watched it. It is one of those rare films that will stay with you, wherever you go.

9. Lucia0550's rating of the film The 400 Blows

10. igorpontes12's rating of the film The 400 Blows

The autobiography fivetology about the infant terrible Truffaut.

11. Peter P. Peters's rating of the film The 400 Blows

the film that made me want to see films

12. ermete polpette's rating of the film The 400 Blows

13. euoxss's rating of the film The 400 Blows

i would watch it 400 times

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The 400 Blows

3-4. The inter-character conflict ALMOST isn't enough to complete the base of the movie's engine, but I think the suspense compensates for it. Otherwise the seedier nuances of the characters (and stretches of suspense) maintain basic interest in this film about a boy who spends his life free and unwanted before transcending the material systems that punish him for his constant indiscretions.

15. Nelson G's rating of the film The 400 Blows

16. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film The 400 Blows

17. gld48's rating of the film The 400 Blows

18. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The 400 Blows

Gives birth to both The French New Wave and Spielberg.

19. choupinet's rating of the film The 400 Blows

Jean-Pierre Léaud was such a cutie.

20. Riddle, van, stellar's rating of the film The 400 Blows

risk for what amazed you, what you desired. break the shackles of life and reality. inherent vitality, courage, curiosity, all considered in this playful story. felt well-connected to me, a moving classic New Wave. 4.5

21. truffraud's rating of the film The 400 Blows

where's that screenshot of tarkovsky going "poetic cinema". insert that here.

22. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film The 400 Blows

I reminisce about the day when my godfather took me to the local museum to see this masterpiece. I was about 9 years old, only a kid. I had no thought that cinema could be the definitive artistic expression of mankind. I was so wrong. Rest in peace, godfather.

23. Julian's rating of the film The 400 Blows

24. das Kino's rating of the film The 400 Blows

A poignant picture, Truffaut's semi-autobiographical film is seminal in the inauguration of Nouvelle Vague cinematic and thematic vocabulary. The scene with the centrifuge offers a temporal but amusing counterpoint, and was my overall favorite scene in the entire film. Also the music video to Another brick in the wall reminds me heavily of this film.