1. Aardsy's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

3. Kevin Costner's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Mizoguchi is filmmaker's filmmaker

4. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

★★★★★ the cerimonial revenge.

6. emichan's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

7. Josh Jensen's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

What? I just watched movie free on here for the first time about a week ago, now no one can?

8. joey Noodles's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Where is this available? I really like the Mizoguchi films I have seen and this looks great too

9. Algitya's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Just a perfect example to show what a movie today should kept. A ( Timeless ) Value.

10. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Mizoguchi's rendition of the classic folk legend is probably the most nuanced and complex both in execution and narrative, his craft not only excels in its formal audacity but also works as one of the finest examples of traditional Japanese storytelling. It should be seen paying utmost attention to every detail as it may inadvertently challenge the viewer.

11. Jugend21's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

This film is absolutely incredible. Perhaps the best Japanese film I've ever seen. It is truly a contemplation about art and aesthetic conventions, with a Hamlet-like story and choreographed to utter perfection. I'm entirely bewildered as to how this was accomplished. Utterly amazing.

12. apexa's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Sitting here stunned after four hours and really just wanting the film to go on even more. The film didn't even FEEL like four hours and it was brilliant how Mizoguchi didn't show the battle scene. I also really really just REALLY loved the camera set-up with certain scenes and just letting it linger for a few minutes before letting it actually "begin".

13. Howard Orr's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

Commissioned by the military as a warlike film, the first part was released six days before the attack on Pearl Harbor. However, Mizoguchi avoids breast-beating and confrontation; instead he employs beautiful long takes and gliding crane shots to create a sense of unity between the various characters. The film belies its heavy themes and great length because of its magnificent elegance. One of the greatest of films.

14. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The 47 Ronin

I love "Seven Samurai", but compared to this it seems sort of a frivolous affair.