1. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film The Act of Killing

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Act of Killing

3. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Act of Killing

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Act of Killing

The most brutal portrait of cognitive dissonance on screen I can imagine. Left me physically shaking in the cinema. I really think people need to see the director's cut, however, as the shorter edit really loses some of the impact. A picture of Hell, both inner and outer. It also manages, I think, to cover every one of Bill Nichols' categories of documentary in one brilliant, grotesque, lurid, horribly sad swoop.

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Act of Killing

6. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film The Act of Killing

A film so horrifying I would recommend it to know one. A film such importance, everyone should see it.

7. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Act of Killing

More provocative than profound, unfortunately...

8. nadnab's rating of the film The Act of Killing

9. Django's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Indescribable. An achievement in documentary film making unlike anything that proceeded it.

10. Adri Azhari's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Pelaku pembantaian 65 mengakui perbuatannya dengan bangga malah. Film dalam film. Seperti melihat 8 1/2 Fellini dalam narasi yang kelam. Antara yang 'imajinasi' dan yang 'nyata' membaur.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Act of Killing

12. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Act of Killing

the director's cut is perfect, the subject is both unique and tragic

13. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Horrifying. Terrifying. The Act of Killing provides a glimpse into the mind of a seemingly brainwashed patriot. The unique perspective of people who have committed terrible atrocities was very disturbing and raw. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when watched this film; but prepare yourself for reflection if you choose to watch it. You will be forced to take a long, hard look at your neighbors.

14. jajabornixa's rating of the film The Act of Killing

15. kinotopia's rating of the film The Act of Killing

the year was 2012. having Werner Herzog nominally involved with your incomplete documentary about hanging out with death squad leaders made it a masterpiece.

16. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Act of Killing

17. mpho3's rating of the film The Act of Killing

(Director's cut) I actually can't process what I've just seen. I don't have the words to even begin.

18. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Act of Killing

19. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Act of Killing

A strong and not typical documentary, spliced with surreal psycho-moments to build a macabre atmosphere. A very strong ending, which shows the director breaking through his hero's psychological defense mechanism and coming to terms with the horror that has been committed. A film for the future.

20. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The Act of Killing

21. ihor's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Having seen a Look of Silence first I couldn't help feeling dissapointed watching this. The act of Killing is still compelling and as an idea it's incredible and revolutionary. Killing is more concentrated on an individual psychology of a mass murder and his understanding of it. Silence was more multifaceted and looked at the broader societal impact...it was also cinematically while being politically driven.

22. Superfrog's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Very odd and poignant, worth the watch but possibly less effective than the Look of Silence.

23. Barrett.'s rating of the film The Act of Killing

Very unnerving. I felt sick from start to finish, I couldn't believe how openly most of the killers spoke about what had happened with no remorse for their actions, some even proud and boastful. Unfortunately you can rewrite the perspective of history if you come out of it the 'winner'.

24. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film The Act of Killing