1. Emre's rating of the film The Act of Killing

The film has a strong narrative and takes on a big issue. This enough is to make the film outstanding. However everything else falls too weak: the film glorifies its villians, the arc line of regretful killer feels artificial and the film does very kittle to say something of its own. It feels as if it relies solely on its shock effect for the entire 2 hours.

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Act of Killing

3. fahmi khoirussani's rating of the film The Act of Killing

watched this film in my 2nd highschool year with my pemuda pancasila friend sitting in front of me

4. seyende's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Compelling perspective. Yet this is a film made by outsiders--westerners--looking in. Perhaps this film could only be made by westerners shocked by history of genocide. The characters & even killings seem isolated in time and there's a reluctant pull towards empathy. Yet there's still a trace of judgment based on western morals, which undermines the project of portraying Anwar et al. in themselves, as real & human.

5. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film The Act of Killing

A compelling yet overwhelming truth about another side of history & overt-nationalism. My 2nd time watching this movie, and its more poignant than ever. // 4.5

6. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film The Act of Killing

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Act of Killing

8. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Act of Killing

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Act of Killing

The most brutal portrait of cognitive dissonance on screen I can imagine. Left me physically shaking in the cinema. I really think people need to see the director's cut, however, as the shorter edit really loses some of the impact. A picture of Hell, both inner and outer. It also manages, I think, to cover every one of Bill Nichols' categories of documentary in one brilliant, grotesque, lurid, horribly sad swoop.

10. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Act of Killing

11. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film The Act of Killing

A film so horrifying I would recommend it to know one. A film such importance, everyone should see it.

12. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Act of Killing

More provocative than profound, unfortunately...

13. nadnab's rating of the film The Act of Killing

14. Django's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Indescribable. An achievement in documentary film making unlike anything that proceeded it.

15. Adri Azhari's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Pelaku pembantaian 65 mengakui perbuatannya dengan bangga malah. Film dalam film. Seperti melihat 8 1/2 Fellini dalam narasi yang kelam. Antara yang 'imajinasi' dan yang 'nyata' membaur.

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Act of Killing

17. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Act of Killing

the director's cut is perfect, the subject is both unique and tragic

18. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film The Act of Killing

Horrifying. Terrifying. The Act of Killing provides a glimpse into the mind of a seemingly brainwashed patriot. The unique perspective of people who have committed terrible atrocities was very disturbing and raw. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when watched this film; but prepare yourself for reflection if you choose to watch it. You will be forced to take a long, hard look at your neighbors.

19. jajabornixa's rating of the film The Act of Killing

20. kinotopia's rating of the film The Act of Killing

the year was 2012. having Werner Herzog nominally involved with your incomplete documentary about hanging out with death squad leaders made it a masterpiece.

21. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Act of Killing

22. mpho3's rating of the film The Act of Killing

(Director's cut) I actually can't process what I've just seen. I don't have the words to even begin.

23. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Act of Killing

24. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Act of Killing

A strong and not typical documentary, spliced with surreal psycho-moments to build a macabre atmosphere. A very strong ending, which shows the director breaking through his hero's psychological defense mechanism and coming to terms with the horror that has been committed. A film for the future.