1. Lex Lucas's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

We're meat and bones, either dead or alive. We'll all go through this one day. The body in the frame is interestingly shown, and puting the legists and the corpses under the same view gives a great emphasis on the body as a form on itself. Horrifying at first, it then became a meditation on the body with formal poetry ; because the body opens like a flower on a legist table.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

3. Log Lady's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

A realistic view of death, instead of some elevating spiritual thing. Brakhage doesn't exploit, but simply acts as a see-through barrier between the viewer and the corpses. We all end up dead at some point, leaving behind only impressions and results of our actions. A tough film to watch, but its existence is very much justified, when on this day and age the physical aspect of death is often ignored.

4. Ghostman's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

The most dehumanizing film ever made.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

6. Adina Stroia's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

7. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

Stark and gruesome; clinical yet powerful 'memento mori.'

8. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

Autopsy: From the Greek, autopsis; autos (self) + opsis (a sight/something seen). The act of seeing with one's own eyes. Who'd have thought that 32 minutes of silent post-mortems would make for the most profoundly revealing introspective, philosophical, even spiritual experience I've ever had watching a film? The Greeks, I guess... Extraordinary. I'm indebted to Brakhage.

9. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

Inevitable. One just watches, petrified, fascinated, nauseated and, in the end, relieved.

10. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

Recommended film for necrophiles

11. J0NS's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

12. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

8 - Man as material, but that which we are, we are. One of the very few films that doesn't sugar-coat death, and consequently one of the most sincere, while remaining respectful. Thank God they haven't invented smellevision yet.

13. cevausername's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

14. l's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

DIY instructional videos were fucked up back in the day. Who knew a y-cut was so gushy? Now I do.

15. Dee's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

16. robgir's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

17. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

I'd never imagined human body's being so interesting. A supermaterialistic view of humankind.

18. Ethan's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

An intense look at how fragile the human body really is.

19. Ryan Nichols's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

i made it like, five minutes in? not even.

20. ULA ZUHRA's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

Too long for what it was, but hell, I'd watch two hours of autopsy footage.

21. Tida Wilson's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

A very close encounter with death. Makes me convinced that we are indeed nothing but a flesh and blood. It is horrifying to know that we are going to be in a same position as they were, laying cold, naked and soulless. A mere substance without its essence. But I could see life, somehow, in this portrayal of death.

22. Rolph90's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

never coming soon to your nearest multiplex

23. phosphenes's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes

I didn't make it.Worldwide mass killings eveyday on the news and I couldn't watch a footage in a morgue.The 10' made their impact though.Inevitable mortality. Inevitable skepticism.

24. DarkYota's rating of the film The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes