1. Barrett.'s rating of the film The Addiction

A hidden gem of a vampire film shot in stark B&W featuring a great performance by Lili Taylor and a cool cameo from Christopher Walken.

2. eva's rating of the film The Addiction

Academia as vampirism. Well, I can relate.

3. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Addiction

For the record: tempestuous name-dropping doesn't amount to philosophy just as casual bomb dropping challenged here won't add up to strategy. Wish Ferrara did what Kafka had attempted in Metamorphosis and Painlevé in underwater docs: recreate another species' Umwelt not through the lens of human Umgebung, our so-called objective space we impose scruplelessly upon all the rest, but from the changing alter-human angle.

4. -REM-'s rating of the film The Addiction

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Addiction

6. Silbutamal's rating of the film The Addiction

7. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Addiction

Questionning human condition and the meaning of life in the devastated world and existential sickness we are living in. Heavy program but partly convincing exercise here. If I were Ferrara I would have chosen an other leading character to express his thoughts on those questions…anyway subjective opinion. The film got his scenes of excessive violence which remind me his earliest films, notably "the driller killer".

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Addiction

This is a fun film with all the proper metaphors in place. It gets nice and bloody, too.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film The Addiction

Great vampire film in Black & White with Lili Taylor, Annabella Sciorra and Christopher Walken, who is oh-so perfect as a seasoned, jaded vampire.

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Addiction

2-3 Lacks something in the way of consequences, but brings a number of morbidly interesting ideas to the table as a vampire film. To be clear, I don't mean that further representation of these ideas makes the film better, so much as the fact that the film may have somewhat found a new way to explain 'vampire' as a concept, while aligning with trends that are familiar to the vampire genre.

11. ammar's rating of the film The Addiction

12. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Addiction

Our Daily Free Stream: Abel Ferrara - The Addiction. Gruselig, witzig und herrlich lächerlich! Das hier ist bestimmt das prätentiöseste B-Movie überhaupt! Das mit philosophischen Zitaten angereicherte Skript über einen rasenden Greenvich Village Vampir schämt sich nicht, Verweise zum Vietnam Krieg oder den Nazi Camps zu ziehen(...) (Dazu gibts unsere Film List mit postmodernen Vampirfilmen auf cinegeek.de

13. mamafih's rating of the film The Addiction

14. Fabiha's rating of the film The Addiction

"I finally understand what all this is. Now I see, good lord, how we must look from out there. Our addiction is evil. The propensity for this evil lies in our weakness before it. Kierkegaard was right. There's an awful precipice before us. But he was wrong about the leap. There's a difference between jumping and being pushed."

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Addiction

A classic for anyone who has defended a dissertation.

16. ikkini's rating of the film The Addiction

Ferrara connait son sujet et ça se sent !

17. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Addiction

maybe philosophy is not my thing...

18. Lord_Beria's rating of the film The Addiction

Philosophy my gothic ass. Soundtrack ok

19. paxy's rating of the film The Addiction

20. Polyglot's rating of the film The Addiction

Ha, Lily got bitten by a vampriess and became a theology major. XD

21. Log Lady's rating of the film The Addiction

So full of itself that it could explode any minute.

22. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Addiction

Ferrara beats the audience over the head with his vampirism as drug addiction analogy until it no longer seems intelligent and instead becomes rather dull. The difficulty here is this; after establishing the central metaphor, Ferrara & writer Nicholas St. John have no idea where to take it. While beautifully filmed & performed, the end result feels academic; its philosophical musings obvious to the point of cliché.

23. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Addiction