1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Adventurer

Un succulent et tonitruant festival Charlie Chaplin, avec quelques hilarants gags fort remarquables, une bienvenue décontraction dans l'immense gesticulation du grand acteur et une foncière originalité dans l'évidente et bienheureuse harmonie entre les séquences drôles et les plages teintées d'émotion... www.cinefiches.com

2. bagno's rating of the film The Adventurer

3. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Adventurer

4. msmichel's rating of the film The Adventurer

2013 restoration Chaplin's last short for Mutual is one of his finest. A jail escapee saves the life of a drowning society girl and evades capture when the police arrive at her swanky digs. Hit ratio on the gags is very high.

5. Clay_Carter's rating of the film The Adventurer

Having seen only a few of his shorts, this is one of my favorites this far. His physical ability and facial comedy lends well to portraying a characters with looser morals and a more abrasive demeanor while still retaining his usual playful antics. Great chase sequences, loved the location shots on the Pacific, a wonderfully restored print all around. The mountainous fellow's facial hair is exquisite!

6. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Adventurer

7. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Adventurer

More classic Chaplin! This string of greats is making reviews difficult, but Chaplin's last Mutual short just might be his greatest. No one has a real hold on visual comedy like Chaplin, and this one really truly does hold up. Here, in 2015, I found myself audibly laughing, and that's a great enough statement.

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Adventurer

The hits keep coming! I think I may like this one even more than Easy Street, just as tight and even more acrobatic. Chaplin's physical comedy isn't far removed from dancing, and indeed there's something lyrical (as well as hilarious) to the final round of dodging the cops. Him asking Edna Purviance for acceptance at the end was a hint of the poignant desire for belonging that would become a staple of his films.

9. Dodd Alley's rating of the film The Adventurer

I think I will say the same thing that I say about most of these Chaplin Mutual shorts. They really do hold up. It's funny how limited technology forced filmmakers to be at the top of their comedic A-game. The choreography of the chase sequences is classic.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Adventurer

Started off slow. Some of the gags were a bit too obvious. It really improved once he got to the hotel, and there was some really fine, subtle work. And then, Hijincks!

11. jamesey's rating of the film The Adventurer

The best comedy's are visual. Even though it's 98 years old, it holds up. The chase scene in the final 3 minutes was fantastic. Hiding as a lamp alone gets this flick 5 stars.

12. the.deft.one's rating of the film The Adventurer

Opening with gunfire, the initial sequence is as thrilling and dramatic as I've seen Charlie, eventually settling into his familiar pantomime frivolity and resulting in one of the more balanced Chaplin shorts I've seen so far.

13. Sinziana Medvetchi's rating of the film The Adventurer

14. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Adventurer

Hilarious, but reminiscent of his Keystone years, this simple short film is nevertheless great. Too bad the film "Chaplin" uses a sequence from the chase scene as his first film appearance in the movie business.

15. RONALD PABON's rating of the film The Adventurer