1. Z's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

An extravagant folly, a mad misadventure, a grand flight of fancy, a silly, overwhelming trifle, a quintessential fantasy frenzy. Wistful, regretful childhood whimsy revisited with an adult's perverse, jaundiced eye. Gilliam risks commercial/artistic failure with every film. Words cannot do justice to Gilliam's vigorous, manic, inspired, boundless images. Gilliam strains at mediocre minds, polite taste and restraint.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Des prises de vues souvent à vous couper le souffle et un merveilleux divertissement où le rêve et l'imagination prennent systématiquement le pouvoir sur la réalité... et pourtant, on reste malgré tout sur une étrange absence de folie... www.cinefiches.com

3. James Mackin's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

This is one of the more out there Gilliam films. I like it because Sting has a cameo where he is killed by his own army, because he is a really great soldier.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Haven't seen this since the late 80s, but I remember the whimsy having a bitter, desperate quality to it.

5. somerseson's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

I loved this film utterly. This is the type of film that is easy to overlook initially (I know I did) but is too well constructed to forget. This film is gorgeously made and the pastel art of Gilliam finds the perfect fantastical narrative to showcase Gilliam's skills. Eric Idle adds a wonderfully monty python bent to the film. Utterly great.

6. Rahul Ray's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Let go of your imagination now!

7. ajdehany's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

An imaginative visual delight but its length suffers from its giddy purposelessness.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

First hour of the film: For adults and children. Second hour of the film: For dumb children only.

9. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

I love this story so much but I was raised on another version (Russian one) of it which, in my view, goes right into the essence of the story about Munchausen. Terry Gilliam's take on it is absolutely marvellous cinematically but, although, still clever it lacks some of the Munchausen's wisdom, to me, it, maybe, gets a bit lost in those absolutely fantastic (not as a synonym of awesome but literally fantastic) sets.

10. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

A delight. imagination let loose and bringing out most of the costume wardrobe. Easy to fault for much, but I was charmed. Disbelief truly suspended.

11. Zane's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

the humour didn't mesh with me, but full credit for doing something so (imaginative?) superfluous

12. paris.raine3@gmail.com's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Mad, wacky and beautifully dreamlike as is with all Gilliam films. The film takes a more fairytale tone than dystopian nightmare. It can be slow at times but is overall a good and fun watch, the imagery particularly makes the film.

13. Bertie Dixon's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

An epic baroque fantastical fairytale. Although it drags a bit it makes up for this by being chock full of delights.

14. daisygrubber's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

One of my favourite films, if only for the fabulous look of it and the density of reference to classical literature, art and so on.

15. anwoody's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Tedious self-indulgent bombastic crap. TG should never be given such a big budget! RW is dreadfully annoying and unfunny, Eric Idle is equally poor and plays out his Monty Python personas ad nauseum. As for Oliver Reed...read an unfunny Brian Blessed. This is not amusing, lacks drama and the characters are not at all endearing. At times visually tacky. For comic book schlock watch Flash Gordon; at least it's sincere!

16. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Over the top and annoying. Sorry, as much as i love Monty Python and Terry Gilliam, some of his films, like this one here, just get on my nerves a bit. It had its moments but 126 minutes? hmmmm

17. Agne's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Some beautiful costume and curiosities, but overall this fell a bit flat for me. Maybe it was the irritating character of the girl, or maybe because I remember the book being serious business - the movie seemed a bit infantile in comparison. Not quite as bad as the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (which was all beautiful costume and curiosities and little else), but I wouldn't watch this again. It drags out. Shame.

18. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Like all Gilliam, it is wildly inventive and absolutely insane, and like some Gilliam, it is unbalanced and unrelenting. It can’t be said that it isn’t a fun and adventurous tale full of merriment, but it does start to drain you after an hour of non-stop lunacy. That being said the artistic vision is clear and the presentation is breathtaking, with excellent design and style. Not great Gilliam, but pretty good.

19. Edward Morris's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

20. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

It has lovely art direction, great, dangerous-looking explosions, and hottie Uma Thurman recreates Boticelli. Not in the class of "Brazil", because for all its flair, Gilliam's "Munchausen" doesn't create a world answerable only to itself; but its bric-a-brac mix of an 18th century on steroids is often alluring.

21. ikkini's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Peut-être le seul film que nous supporterons de Terry Gilliam, fatiguant mais drôle !

22. FéverParallésime's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

One of the great adventure movies of our time. To be cherished

23. Christopher W's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Terry Gilliam so its is very much "Monty Python" ....hard t follow & a bit too fantastical - the better version is the Original UFA Babelsburg film with Hans Albers on Agfa Farbfilm by order of Dr Goebbels and the Reich Propaganda Ministerium as a morale booster at the end of World War 2 https://youtu.be/Y6G_sgdU4b8?list=PLztMUBwzM3mbcfvC_KCvOiN2hm3gEVt20

24. Leigh Collins's rating of the film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Entertaining but dated, silly but with jokes that fall flat.