1. Aida's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

2. bulgrin's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Crazed out and funny. This weird thing is not for everybody's taste. I like it!

3. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

This is a treat. This is a film that you won't understand the first two or three times you watch it, but you'll start to get it after that. And you'll fall in love with all its little quirks and manners, and you'll cry that we never got that sequel where Buckaroo was gonna fight the World Crime League, because the world lost something important there. In conclusion, if God were a film, this would be the closest.

5. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Peter Weller feels like a spaceman. An American answer to David Bowie's unique draw.

6. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

7. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

100 minutes of pure "what the f#@k" and "why the f@#k"

8. Richard Punch's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

There! Evil PURE AND SIMPLE by way of the Eighth Dimension!

9. film_lies101's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

This was kinda disappointing, it definitely tried too hard to be cult

10. Publius's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

IS this the movie...where at the end he's strapped into a sort of chair....and something drills through his ear?

11. Roscoe's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Great fun from start to finish. This isn't one of the easiest movies to get a handle on, it really doesn't seem to care if you get it or not, and I'll admit that it took me a few viewings to really appreciate it. But if John Lithgow's Dr. Lizardo doesn't delight you, you should have your delight circuits checked.

12. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

I wanted to like this more, problem is the universe the film creates doesn't let you get into it. We really don't know any of the characters, so the situations they live are not that engaging. It might need another view.

13. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

- Don’t you get it? Orson Welles! - You mean the guy from the old wine commercials?

14. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

I'm not surprised that W.D. Richter also worked on Big Trouble in Little China. There are enough absurdities here to rival Carpenter's film, but I found this one a little less engaging. It was definitely funny, but it hasn't aged as well as some other movies from the era like Time Bandits. Overall, well worth watching, if just for the dreadlocked Jamaican aliens.

15. Rick Brands's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Japanese-American neurosurgeon/rock star/superhero battles grammatically challenged Nazi aliens named John in New Jersey. What's not to like?

16. Sean's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

It's a lot of fun but not everyone will like this. It's got a great cast and they all seem like they are having a blast throughout the film. Buckaroo Banzai does not take it self seriously at all and thats what I love about it.

17. Vodalus of the Wood's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

REWATCH: Buckaroo Banzai. I mean, what do you want me to say. It's fucking Buckaroo Banzai. Still funny in a perfectly hits the spot kind of way. I wish I was Perfect Tommy.

18. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Tremendously fun with a brilliant variety off-kilter delivery of lines from at least half of the cast flavoring what, taken by itself, could have been a tepid story.

19. HeadGEAR's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

A fun and campy 80s sci-fi cult classic.

20. Kalle Mäkinen's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Amazing movie. Sadly seems to be way under appreciated.

21. ddrt's rating of the film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

One of the best cult classics I've seen to date. This movie helped inspire the film "The life Aquatic: with Steve Zissou." Wes Explains it all in the criterion collection extras.