1. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

3,5 Therapeutic (like every simplification)

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

3-4. A gorgeous film drawing stories from middle eastern mythology together. I'm ambivalent about commenting on how meaningful the story actually is, in spite of my fondness for archetypal storytelling, but the characters generally seem to get by on transcendental forces: genies, good spirits, demons, etc. Regardless, it's a pretty fun ride.

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

4. bulgrin's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Lotte Reininger was such a genius with her art. And this might be the most stunning of her films.

5. Kamran's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Striking ahead of its time animation forms sculptural visual art within film medium. 85/100 - Excellent. (4.5)

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

7. Ninjer's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

8. Elayla's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

A delight. I got a bit impressed especially knowing how old was the film.

9. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

An early animation gem, a truly skillful and imaginative production. The story is classic fairy tale stuff, but it’s visually mesmerising, something you watch with awe. Some of the beasts are truly nightmarish; I could swear they are just like I imagined such creatures to be when I was a child.

10. Tubal Cain's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

"Das ist eine große Schlange!" "That's what she said!"

11. Polish Slug's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Amazing, really beautiful.

12. deAnta_'s rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

13. Harrywolf Krstl's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Live erleben mit musikalischer Begleitung von Graf von Bothmer!

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

As seminal as Vertov's 'The Man With A Movie Camera' but within the medium of animation.

15. Juan Diego Peral's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Una obra de arte. Hermosa e hipnótica. Cine en estado puro.

16. João Valadão's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

A very good film. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to watch it with English subtitles, so I was guided through a synopsis. Nonetheless, it does have a very interesting animation technique and the score by Wolfgang Zeller is a perfect match.

17. aaa88's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

I've understand nothing except the classic rule: to conquest a female, kidnapped her. Anyway, who cares about plot? It's visually interesting. Animations and structure remind me old video-games.

18. Stefano Leone's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

A work of art. Visually stunning, loved how modern some of the characters' actions (and reactions) looked.

19. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Leaving its historical importance aside, it's also a very pleasant film to watch... I'm not really a fan of the kind, but it did manage to submerge me within it.

20. THORIVOS's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

what an artistic statement. all my love goes to lotte reininger. incredibly imaginative and mindblowing on so many levels. the visual effects alone are more than startling keeping in mind we're talking about the mid 20ies! of course one must not expect that the role of the female breaks out from this sort of "heldensage", as adventurous reininger was in other respects.

21. Helena's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Amazing technique, a truly hand-made film. I only wished the music was more coherent with the story, but I love how the figures move, the details of the shapes and this "black on colour" style

22. Alberto Funkledink's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Amazing, charming film. The societal views in the film are dated but the silhouette technique is magical and artful. Seems completely unique and innovative even 90 years later.

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Filigree, and shadow. Both modest and delightfully ambitious.

24. anavarrza's rating of the film The Adventures of Prince Achmed