1. anadyomene's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

This Tintin feels different. He's less patient and not always smiling. It gives a new tint to his originally neutral personality, I can say I like this hot-headed Tintin. I'm curious on why they chose Sakharine as the main villain, but it's fine. The motion capture animation is fantastic, you can even see the texture of Tintin's blue pullover, and his strands of hair!

2. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

On est transporté, balayé par la fougue et la pétulance des situations et des complications dans lesquelles se battent et se débattent nos héros, dans un fougueux malström d'images et de précipitation un peu trop virevoltants pour en apprécier pleinement l'humour et la subtilité.. www.cinefiches.com

4. pluviosity's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Stars for the animation, although even as great as it was, still look dead in the eyes to me.

5. evanfrq's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Must be studied for every animation students

6. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

The Adventures of Tintin is one of Spielberg's most underrated films. I really feel like Spielberg is going back to his roots with this film (the whole movie feels like one big homage to Indiana Jones). Spielberg also takes full use of the animation and does things that simply wouldn't be possible with live action. All of the performances are great, but the stand out star for me is Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock!

7. Aditya Watts's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Masterpiece of Adventure! A huge nod to Spielberg and the incredible team behind this immense effort. Clearly a film made with much passion. Endlessly inventive!

8. Le temps perdu's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Technically a succes and the opening scene is respectful towards Herge's artistry. After that it goes downwards. The second half is an ordinary blockbuster.

9. merriell's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Actual rating: 3.5. Love how everything is always moving.

10. Trunfos's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

11. James Mackin's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Eh. I was never a fan of Tintin, and Peter Jackson not doing gore or non-fantasy twinged Oscar bait saddens me.

12. Fré Verguchten's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

13. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

I watched it in 3D and regreted it. But the film is pretty good!

14. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

15. Sophia Park's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

the rule of fun overtook the uncanny valley

16. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

At first the animation was way to realistic for my comfort but after watching it i realized it is a beautiful adaptation of some of my favorite childhood stories!! Nice references and nice vibes esp good if you hold a nice connection to the original stories however enjoyable for all audiences

17. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

2011, dir. STEVEN SPIELBERG - 7.7/10 (USA)

18. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Still my favourite of Spielberg's 2011 output. In the era of Marvel's laughable 'realistic' looking comic-book adaptations, Tintin without any magic or super-technology shines unafraid of its source material, and by pure creativity of it's action sequences, the way scenes transition into the next, visually creative gags, and solid sound effects.

19. Fer Sandoval's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

That tracking shot doesn't get enough credit.

20. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

When will they learn? Cartoon style and caricatyres are the opposite of realism. All characters in this movie (?) with their beady dead eyes look like they're degenerated humans straight outta some uncanny down syndrome valley. Horrible design!

21. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

22. Ian Fitzgerald's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

look at the still and convince me that's animated

23. emichan's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

24. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Adventures of Tintin

Some spectacular parts: classic opening credits, faux-single take action setpieces (the Moroccan port chase in particular), snappy lines, a fantastic canaries gag, stunningly rendered mocap (trust Spielberg to show up his protégé Zemeckis!), but it never satisfyingly gels. Yes, Tintin is a bland cipher, and the ending is more downer than cliffhanger, but as breathless spectacle it needed more life.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7