1. Sofia Due Rosenzweig's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

2. lostlevel's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Seemingly saccharine nostalgia with more going on than is initially apparent or maybe I'm old fashioned.

3. DanielSpeight's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

4. 絵莉's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

great gowns, wonderful gowns

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

If I had seen this when it was frst released, and I was about 17-18, then I would have hated it. Thankfully, I saw it now, about 25 years after it was first released. Scorsese's masterful direction goes without saying, the script is a treat, and almost all of the performances (particularly from Daniel Day Lewis, Winona Ryder, and Michelle Pfeiffer) are absolutely wonderful.

6. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

7. stanleykubrick's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

when daniel day lewis gets so sad that he can't appreciate his monthly shipment of aged classical books from london....... Depression In Style

8. Amy Cavender's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

A dazzling portrait of the socialites of 19th century New York. Truly aesthetic, therefore visually pleasing. While some of the nuance in characterisation seems lost in comparison to the novel, Scorsese manages to capture the complexity of the plot in an interesting way.

9. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

We can all relate to Archer and Ellen. Scorsese's effort at period drama is lathered with opulence and warmth. Thematically, it reminds me of Visconti's L'innocente or Leopard. Technically, it works like Cries and Whispers or Effi Briest.

10. Andrew's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Recounts the socially constrained tragedy of Archer. The manner in which high society saves him from himself only to condemn him to his slow burning tragedy is unexpectedly powerful and astutely observed with a masterfully acheived twist: subtle, restrained but deeply dramatic. Immersive filmmaking, grand, sumptuously rich and seamlessly wrought. Quiet brilliant period drama that communicates a slow emotional depth

11. cganley's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

This film has aged well and holds up among Scorsese's best. The cruelty the New York elite inflict upon one another is excruciating. Cast and production design are incredible.

12. Piero Reynolds's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Such a perfect portrayal of society in the 19th century- the script, sets and costumes are faultless. However does Daniel Day-Lewis manage to pull off his character's, admittedly very difficult, depiction of duty versus desire-for me apparent reserve might have strayed into a lack of depth to his character.

13. Ramzi's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Consider me charmed! Resplendent and heartbreaking, the work of a master filmmaker out of his comfort zone. However, still feels as if it needed to shift up gears at some point.

14. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

One of Scorsese's more underrated masterpieces.

15. Peter Walsh's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Sumptuous with the detailing of the Gilded Age, and consciously reimagining the era's art in a painterly fashion. That said, can brilliant matte work make up for the occasionally inscrutable dwellings of Day-Lewis?

16. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

17. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

18. anacecil's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Muy buena !!! El tema es excelente !!! Nos muestra la sociedad Americana cerrada, llena de prejuicios y las obligaciones de lo protagonistas ante esta sociedad .La actuacisón y la dirección son muy buenas.

19. Somnia Buratino's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

“Each time you happen to me all over again.” Beautifully made.

20. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

21. gld48's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor still alive today. Scorsese is cool. New York is cool. Daniel still beats them both.

22. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

why is THIS FILM so underrated? Scorsese has always been a fucking GENIUS.

23. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

filmin sonunda daniel deylewis gay oldu mişelpayfırın uşağına mı aşık oldu anlamadım ay ne boringti be çarpasım geldi tüm karakterlere

24. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Age of Innocence

Scorsese's film is elegant and beautiful and serves as an homage to as many art forms as possible whether that be painting, literature, opera, performance, film, etc. The result is wonderful!

← Previous 1 3 4