1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Never decaying in pace, the film provides us with thrilling Hitchcockian sequences on a train, suspenseful ambushes, treacherous inside men working in the shadow, and incredible shootouts at the sound of Louis Armstrong.

2. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

3. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Play it again, safe. https://medium.com/the-flickering-wall/a-kickass-bittersweet-life-bdeba321e0b2

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

5. zotibaws's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

A pretty decent action movie

6. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Realmente os sul coreanos conseguem dar a volta a temáticas já bastante mortas e criar um suspanse incrível.

7. Alex's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

8. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Hitchcock without the patience, Inglorious Bastards without the script, but the gunfights are brutal and the combination of gangsters and setting is unique enough to get it through.

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Sumptuous cinematography which giftwraps a fairly conventional thriller into a spectacle-laced bow. It shows that South Korean mainstream cinema can compete with Hollywood for pop culture approval, Clancy worthy intrigue and aesthetic artistry.

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Prestige Tarantino. South Korea's version of 'Inglorious Basterds' without the irony. Basically a "fuck you" to Japan, though hopefully a cathartic one. Every scene felt custom made to find future expression as screengrabs in a chapter of Bordwell & Thompson. At times felt like I was watching a Let's Play of the most expensive boardgame ever made but once I gave myself over to the ride I had fun for a swift 140 mins.

12. José Neves's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Digital. Industrial boredom.

13. abc's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Loved this film! It's set in Japanese-occupied Seoul and the resistance. It's tense, measured pace meant the film kept me hooked the entire time. It's also beautiful to watch.

14. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Another good movie from the ever reliable Kim Jee-Won. The production design is great evoking the period and the acting is solid with such an accomplished cast. The story is interesting but Kim does not succeed in full to bring the narrative to life in a riveting way. It is a good movie, but it never soars.

15. McMurphy's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

16. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

What is amazing about the chameleon Kim Jee-woon is that he often goes beyond the norms of Asian Pulp; He proved his mastery in Western (“The Good, the Bad and the Weird”) and horror (“A Tale of Two Sisters,” and the vicious “I Saw the Devil”) alongside his usual action flicks, but in "The Age of Shadows" he goes in depth - with some Carol Reed vibe - into resistance/occupation genre.

17. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

I need to watch it again because some of the script was confusing in thr first act, but GODDAMNNN THIS IS THE SHIT!!! ALMOST EVERYTHING AND Everyone I like in modern korean cinema in one nifty package. Don't ever bring these guys to hollywod again, please.

18. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

19. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Don't let your failures stop you, build on them and rise to the next level. 3.5

20. msmichel's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Spy story set during the Japanese occupation that finds a traitorous Korean policeman working with the occupied forces in rooting out a revolutionary movement only to find a bond with the rebel's second in command operative. The game of trust is explicit and violent here and the scripting may of needed to be a bit sharper to keep it rolling. Performances are good especially Song Kang-Ho and Gong Yoo. Worth a watch

21. James Mackin's rating of the film The Age of Shadows

Kim Ji-woon is not just one of my favourite South Korean filmmakers, but one of my favourite filmmakers of all time. And this is a great spy thriller about a man who loves trying to play both sides.

22. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Age of Shadows