1. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Age of the Earth

2. ebabehh's rating of the film The Age of the Earth

Against the primal jungle screams of monkeys and other fauna, the sun slowly rises behind a mountain as the camera zooms out, revealing the surrounding landscape. In the following scene, ritual music and hyper-sexual dance maintain the savage pulsing. Cut to modern parade version of same. Then the clinking of ice and unintelligible (without subtitles, the "isms" are still clear) monologues shouted in Portuguese.

3. tsienni's rating of the film The Age of the Earth

Cinema as vision, blessed in a messy world... that's what I find most striking about this film.

4. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film The Age of the Earth

One of the most beautiful avant-garde films I have seen. A subversive visual poetry with a strange and staggered mise-en-scene design: absurd and anthropological. A well-design and well-orchestrated assimilation of visual and auditory rhetorics on the hypocrisy of Christianity, international politics and capitalism.A must-see for avant-garde and political film enthusiasts, such a tour-de-force, it rips my brain off

5. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film The Age of the Earth

The film is history. culture, politics, philosophy, and is occasionally surreal, frequently sublime, and leaves me feeling as if I understand (on a gut level if not an intellectual one) more about these people who live far away from me than I should understand from only 2:28:29. Fascinating film.