1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Amputee

As I understand it, this Lynch short was a way to test film stock while Eraserhead was on hold. It's an interesting little exercise: a woman narrating a letter about obtuse interpersonal relationships while a nurse tends to her leg stumps—in short, a mixture of deadpan human drama and grisly human frailty, which is a fine and dandy art school metaphor for life. Plus, you get to see the Log Lady as a young woman.

2. Ghostman's rating of the film The Amputee

A brilliant little short by the legendary David Lynch

3. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Amputee

The effect it achieves isn't really worth the effort of sitting through it.

4. bagno's rating of the film The Amputee

ennesima conferma che i corti di lynch sono un male per l'umanitĂ

5. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film The Amputee

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Amputee

Pretty gore ... Long version with an introduction by DL (spanish ST) : ------------- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEUwm8_4wk

7. lelandpalmer's rating of the film The Amputee

8. Nina's rating of the film The Amputee

May 2014/September 2014. I like it how the nurse is loosing control of her patient's injuries, one by one. The letter didn't matter to me as much as it did when I watched this short a few months ago, the disruption of the nurse's routine and her reaction to that however is demonstrated greatly. I LOVE you, David!

9. kerfuffles's rating of the film The Amputee

she has no legs, yet writes boring letters. fascinating.

10. sashmere's rating of the film The Amputee

I can't focus on what she was saying while the nurse is fixing her leg.

11. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Amputee

the bittersweet monologue contrasted with the brutality of the nurse is amazing

12. Daniel Granato's rating of the film The Amputee

rated "The Amputee" 2 out of 5 stars

13. Chase's rating of the film The Amputee

The first viewing, I was mesmerized by the doctor figures brutish work. Upon the second I closed my eyes to listen to the inner-monologue of the amputee. In the end, I prefer the doctor to the whiny woman.

14. Shelley's rating of the film The Amputee

interesting, but not my favorite lol

15. Kelvane's rating of the film The Amputee