1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Malgré une excellente interprétation de Sean Connery, cette oeuvre de Lumet reste tout de même secondaire ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. Dalibor's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

What started out as a would-be-study on surveillance became an unusually illogical, however tense, heist movie building up on its final third. Topics explored got lost or went unfinished, while script and characters developed on seemingly spontaneous reasons. It is hard, tho, to deny a distinct charm in the movie's nonchalant style.

3. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Buon lavoro di Lumet,che anticipa un certo concetto di cinema che verrà riproposto negli anni a seguire da molti autori della New Hollywood.Il montaggio è certamente la cosa più originale,stacca e frammenta il tutto e quindi può esaltare o infastidire la visione.Qualche macchietta di troppo e musiche non sempre azzeccate,ma la regia è sempre dosata e gli attori gestiti degnamente....Un Lumet minore,ma non scarso.

4. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

5. Stevie's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Martin Balsam is brilliant. That is all.

6. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Cool, funny and tragic in turns. The central heist is a gem!

7. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

8. chanandre's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Chris Walken so young and so full o' swag I could cry.Sean's grin & his post Bond look. Socks to The Anderson Tapes as Slick is to Heat.Pre-Michael Mann slickness.Post-Melvillian.Chit-chat & niceties during a "you shall not be harmed" heist. 70s sounds.The fonts and lettering of the opening and ending credits. The sliding policemen. The Pasolinian/Kubrickian death/S&M masks.Martin Balsam's walk & hair:THE classicness

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

In my opinion, one of the best Lumet's movies of the 70's with The Offence. The supporting cast (Walken, Cannon, Balsam) is stellar. Three years later, Sidney Lumet will replace the tapes with the medias in Dog Day Afternoon. Masterpiece.

10. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

The flashback structure around some of the heist scenes are a needless annoyance, but the script's cynical humanism makes up for it, and as a predictor of our current public society, Lumet's 'accidental surveillance' plot thread is kind of poignant and, oddly, reassuring.

11. mjgildea's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Pretty damn disappointing considering the talent involved. I felt like I was watching a card game get fixed with no surprises by the time you actually see the game get played. Plenty of entertaining performances and familiar faces from a character actor standpoint but I'm glad I watched The Anderson Tapes for Martin Balsam alone. Beyond that its dated nonsense with weak characters.

12. Nancarrow's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Quick, prescient, and lean. Entertainment that simmers. Meeker plays gristly cool too well. Book it!

13. Tigrão's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Uh... What the fuck was that story trying to say? Give me back my 90 minutes, and erase this awful Quincy Jones score, please.

14. Spencer Draper's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

A few words: Lumet. Connery. Walken. Martin Balsam as a gay antiques dealer. Inventive, realistic, paranoid, quirky little gem of a movie that never stops giving. Connery has a ball reminding you of his sheer acting talent. Everything is firing on all fronts, and it really makes for one of the oddest caper films I've ever seen. And did I mention IT HAS CHRISTOPHER WALKEN pre-Annie Hall??

15. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

16. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Pretty classy Heist movie from amaster director Sidney Lumet,who always managed to bring out the best in Sean Connery

17. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

No one does New York crime films like director Sidney Lumet, as clearly illustrated in this brilliantly-crafted heist film. Top-notch performances from an all-star cast, a sharp, original script, an unusual score by Quincy Jones, and precision filmmaking by Lumet make this one of the absolute best of its genre. A true classic that deserves to be better known.