1. Superfrog's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

The cinematography is interesting with the forward/backward/jerks but unpleasant. The rest is fairy unremarkable. While a curiosity, I cannot recommend watching it for simple entertainment. Some of the right wing anarchist rhetoric and the crime justification is fun to listen to.

2. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

couldnt get behind sean connery at all in any way. walken was good, the apartments were lush and the specifics of the disabled boy and his subplot/interaction with the plot was what i wish the whole thing could have been. a completely earnest moment under the surface of this film.

3. 'king Harold's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Wow, amazing!Everything the Oceans films aren’t, a masterpiece heist film, probably the best ever in my book. Lumets direction is fantastic, the details are incredible and it’s full of humour and tiny dramas to keep you entertained. it looks fantastic too, from the interiors to the brilliant photography. The cast are excellent, with Sean Connery’s magnetic performance at the centre and a cool score from Quincy Jones.

4. Pango's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Very disappointed by this film. One of the most annoying soundtrack ever.

5. tzeentch9's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Watchable, but not really entertaining. The cast ham it up as best they can, but don’t convince. The music and sounds are sometimes annoying and the story is not electric, but does run at a nice pace and is quite good with some nice twists and turns.

6. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

A great and interesting contribution to the subject of total surveillance combined with a heist story. The score has some really unusual elements especially when it underlines the different elements of being watched.

7. Laura Suffield's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

All the surveillance and taping stuff is good (not for nothing is there a photo of Nixon on the wall at one point) but the staging and pace of the robbery is slow and clumsy and the whole thing slows down so that the second half isn't very gripping.

8. Viramati's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

What could be an interesting movie is, for me at least, ruined by the most awful and annoying soundtrack.

9. anwoody's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Run of the mill heist-gone-wrong story with stock stereotyped characters. I thought the surveillance aspect of the story would drive the narrative and provide some twists but it kind of fizzles out and adds nothing to the film itself.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Malgré une excellente interprétation de Sean Connery, cette oeuvre de Lumet reste tout de même secondaire ..... www.cinefiches.com

11. Dalibor's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

What started out as a would-be-study on surveillance became an unusually illogical, however tense, heist movie building up on its final third. Topics explored got lost or went unfinished, while script and characters developed on seemingly spontaneous reasons. It is hard, tho, to deny a distinct charm in the movie's nonchalant style.

12. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Buon lavoro di Lumet,che anticipa un certo concetto di cinema che verrà riproposto negli anni a seguire da molti autori della New Hollywood.Il montaggio è certamente la cosa più originale,stacca e frammenta il tutto e quindi può esaltare o infastidire la visione.Qualche macchietta di troppo e musiche non sempre azzeccate,ma la regia è sempre dosata e gli attori gestiti degnamente....Un Lumet minore,ma non scarso.

13. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

14. Stevie's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Martin Balsam is brilliant. That is all.

15. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Cool, funny and tragic in turns. The central heist is a gem!

16. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

17. chanandre's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Chris Walken so young and so full o' swag I could cry.Sean's grin & his post Bond look. Socks to The Anderson Tapes as Slick is to Heat.Pre-Michael Mann slickness.Post-Melvillian.Chit-chat & niceties during a "you shall not be harmed" heist. 70s sounds.The fonts and lettering of the opening and ending credits. The sliding policemen. The Pasolinian/Kubrickian death/S&M masks.Martin Balsam's walk & hair:THE classicness

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

In my opinion, one of the best Lumet's movies of the 70's with The Offence. The supporting cast (Walken, Cannon, Balsam) is stellar. Three years later, Sidney Lumet will replace the tapes with the medias in Dog Day Afternoon. Masterpiece.

19. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

The flashback structure around some of the heist scenes are a needless annoyance, but the script's cynical humanism makes up for it, and as a predictor of our current public society, Lumet's 'accidental surveillance' plot thread is kind of poignant and, oddly, reassuring.

20. mjgildea's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Pretty damn disappointing considering the talent involved. I felt like I was watching a card game get fixed with no surprises by the time you actually see the game get played. Plenty of entertaining performances and familiar faces from a character actor standpoint but I'm glad I watched The Anderson Tapes for Martin Balsam alone. Beyond that its dated nonsense with weak characters.

21. Nancarrow's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Quick, prescient, and lean. Entertainment that simmers. Meeker plays gristly cool too well. Book it!

22. Tigrão's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

Uh... What the fuck was that story trying to say? Give me back my 90 minutes, and erase this awful Quincy Jones score, please.

23. Spencer Draper's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes

A few words: Lumet. Connery. Walken. Martin Balsam as a gay antiques dealer. Inventive, realistic, paranoid, quirky little gem of a movie that never stops giving. Connery has a ball reminding you of his sheer acting talent. Everything is firing on all fronts, and it really makes for one of the oddest caper films I've ever seen. And did I mention IT HAS CHRISTOPHER WALKEN pre-Annie Hall??

24. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Anderson Tapes