1. opandadodavid's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

2. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

Kinda annoyed at myself for not liking this more, but personally feel that Jarman is the weakest link in a triptych involving Coil and Shakespeare. Alas.

3. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

3.5 Like most of Jarman's films: it casts a spell that leaves you spellbound long after the film has eneded.

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

Nice visuals for Shakespeare and Coil, but not as nice as Shakespeare and Coil. You are better off reading Shakespeare translated into modern english here http://nfs.sparknotes.com or listening to Coil albums.

5. drnuttall's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

6. Byron N's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

While this film seems to test the patience of many viewers, including those who posted, I think this is one of the most inimitable and gorgeous films I have ever experienced, and it is certainly the sexiest. I am beguiled by every otherworldly frame.

7. no sound's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

8. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Angelic Conversation

Ponderous lyricism. Despite some beautifully modulated readings of the sonnets by Judi Dench, this is a tediously slow patchwork of images either too personal to the director, impenetrable or just plain dull to spark much interest. If taken in very small bursts it can just about work as a visual collage, but the snail pace ultimately kills it.