1. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Animatrix

A mixed bag of vignettes - at points, style outranks substance, but the variety of styles and interpretations of the outer spheres of the Matrix franchise is a fascinating expository ride.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Animatrix

Some of the stories are great. Others are not.

3. Elme Dino's rating of the film The Animatrix

4. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Animatrix

For the most part, this holds up better than the trilogy.

5. Nino Lasso's rating of the film The Animatrix

"Beyond" is a pretty cool piece from Morimoto's bluff for fluidity, and you can't get weirder than "Matriculated". Other than that, this is an irregular thank you note from the Far East to the Wachowskis, promptly answered by the intensely mediocre Reloaded and Revolutions sequels.

6. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film The Animatrix

7. Daniel Alanis's rating of the film The Animatrix

The animation for the last chapter looks so dated. Everything else holds up pretty well.

8. Egoisms's rating of the film The Animatrix

As expected, the Wachowski's were among the worst of the bunch.

9. ionosonde's rating of the film The Animatrix

a few of the animations are pretty lame, but kid's story and beyond are two of my favorite pieces of animated anything ever. beyond hits all the right notes for me. letting a bunch of creative people run wild and make their own corner of the matrix universe is such a cool concept, and i wish this kind of thing happened more often.

10. JasonAv's rating of the film The Animatrix

11. Dan's rating of the film The Animatrix

Although two are notable for falling flat, it's a really fantastic and dazzling collection of shorts that explore untapped corners of the Matrix universe.

12. anarresti's rating of the film The Animatrix

Brilliant collection and project.

13. Filipe Dumas's rating of the film The Animatrix

14. Malik's rating of the film The Animatrix

Pretty sure there needs to be another Animatrix.

15. Innocuous's rating of the film The Animatrix

Great use of the matrix universe showing some of the most interesting elements and philosophies the fictional world has to offer in an eye catching way.

16. mirzafahmi's rating of the film The Animatrix

Favorit: Kid's Story dan Detective Story

17. Bandu Darmawan's rating of the film The Animatrix

kompilasi asik, rasa bungkus koboi rasa jepang

18. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Animatrix

I only watched this because I'm a completionist. After three feature films, countless pop culture references, and now this, I think it's fair to say that this theme has been hacked to death. Go watch Fassbinder's World on a Wire if you want to see a fresh take. Not this.

19. willythesalesman's rating of the film The Animatrix

some superb high budget animations. rare to see such talents together in a project like this. the content is pretty amusing but it's the eye that is really happy while watching.

20. David's rating of the film The Animatrix

Better than the sequels... way better.

21. HeadGEAR's rating of the film The Animatrix

The animation is consistently excellent; the stories have their ups and downs. I think "Beyond" is strong while "The Detective Story' is weak.

22. Benjamin's rating of the film The Animatrix

World Record is my favorite. Great collection.

23. Ba‘al Zəbûb's rating of the film The Animatrix

I love all nine shorts. The first time I watched them I was blown away.

24. Renato Miranda's rating of the film The Animatrix

I like "Beyond" more than any of the Wachowski films, actually.