1. Rocco's rating of the film The Anniversary

Quite fun, but a victim of pedestrian filmmaking. The story doesn't exactly reach the diabolical heights you want it to.

2. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Anniversary

Dressing Bette Davis up as yet another wild eccentric helps, but it doesn't make up for a lack of story.

3. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Anniversary

4. L'immoralistee's rating of the film The Anniversary

5. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Anniversary

i really just love bette davis

6. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film The Anniversary

Bette hammier than a large roast pig (and only marginally better dressed). Jack Hedley more wooden than James Stewart (if you can believe that). Sheila Hancock plays a common tart (well, no surprise there then).

7. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Anniversary

I wasn't expecting such a great movie! First time I've watched Bette Davis perform in color. What a pleasure! Insulting everybody during the entire film... I wonder if she'd get along with Baby Jane Hudson <3

8. NiteFlight9's rating of the film The Anniversary

"My dear, would you mind sitting someplace else? Body odor offends me."

9. Conquest of Gaul's rating of the film The Anniversary

I love this film...if you notice Davis has a different colored eye patches to match her outfits. She's also sinister and evil and deliciously insulting to everyone around her. Her character in this film resembles much of Margot Channing

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Anniversary

Unusual Hammer film is a cynical and bizarre black comedy with Bette Davis devouring the scenery. The story gets off to a slow start, but gets far better in the second half - even if it never does quite reach its potential outrageousness. The script feels a bit stagey - maybe sticking too close to the theatrical source material - but Baker keeps the character interactions from a group of top-notch actors crackling.