1. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

It's a monster! The world turned inside out. I just wish it was done in a more surreal way like the way Żuławski does it. The best part is when Nikolaj is visited in the loony bin by two women moving in synchronous motion.

2. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

This Muratova lady is totally mad. Was my response after the lights came on. But she with whom I saw it, who retains dim childhood memories of Soviet days and much clearer ones of the post-collapse years, shrugs and says of this long film, populated by sick, violent, insane people who routinely shout at each other, throw things at each other, and beat each other up: "She's just showing how it was. It's realism."

3. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

It's the post-Stalinist neurosis of a whole society -condensed in 140 minutes- for everyone's masochistic viewing pleasure.

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

outer manifestation can seem exaggerated and misplaced (this doesn´t actually happen that way in "real life") but this is not about consequences and final expression. it´s about how it looks and feels from the inside. inner mise-en-scenes. if we would all speak our thoughts, colorfully expressed our pains with body-trembling, screams, jumps - it would look like this film.

5. David Grillo's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

One becomes sad like one becomes poor.

6. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

a guy with gorbachev's portrait on his cap is searching for misha (mihail gorbachev) to announce him that kolia (nicolae ceausescu) has been killed. a school headmaster is called vissarion iossifovitch, because he wants to build a man totally opposed to the one that the historical iossif vissarionovitch had commanded. during the eighties, the russian alcoholic prohibition forced many to use thick shoeshine and slices

7. Andrei Rus's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

8. kebarvid's rating of the film The Asthenic Syndrome

This is one of the greatest movies ever made!