1. goulton green's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

2. AALC's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Soft and elegant drama and its really impossible to think about nothing while watching it.

3. Jeremy's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Haven't even watched it yet and I'm giving this four stars. One of the few Rohmers I haven't seen and I'm expecting nothing less than brilliance

4. keith's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Taught me a lot about myself. Revelatory!

5. The Society of Malcontents's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

'From friends and strangers I remain aloof'.

6. Jane de Deus's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Hmm...a gnat-like glutton for punishment and 2 contemptuous women. This was a read dud. As a fan of Rohmer and unconventional relationships in general, this film just seemed totally unbelievable in every way. Enjoyed the cityscape and film-stock images.

7. José Neves's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

35mm, rewatched. "...Et Paris qui bat la mesure/Paris qui mesure notre émoi/Et Paris qui bat la mesure/Me murmure murmure tout bas..." (Jacques Brel)

8. ebabehh's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Thank God for Lucie in this film, Pauline in the last, for providing a playful and sober respite from the self-involved machinations of men who pretend stalking is spying, obsessing is loving.

9. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Sometimes when you're desperately in love you can't help but feel like you're on the outside of it all, never truly living in your experience, which — tragically — makes you less lovable to the people you obsess over!

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

11. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Rohmer strikes again with a clever story and great dialogue. (Rohmer has frequently been funny, but rarely laugh-out-loud like this.) The second act is particularly good. It's impressive how a little misinformation—both within the narrative and woven into the actual structure of the film—can make it so difficult to think nothing.

12. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

A love letter to Buttes Chaumont and Paris.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

De l'excellent travail d'orfèvre d'où émerge la subtile confrontation Anne-Laure Meury / Philippe Marlaud, pour notre plus grand bonheur... www.cinefiches.com

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

15. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Anne wants freedom but longs for company. François longs for her but has no respect for himself. The recipe for disaster is traced but they're trapped.

16. ecstatic truth's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

17. bartkl's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Again and again Rohmer sheds light on the ambiguous nature of romantic relationships, each time with renewed creativity. The arguments and emotional dynamic between François and Anne is recognizable to many, and in a subtle way Rohmer makes you chuckle at the ridiculousness of it all. Then there's Lucie and her adventurous spontaneity, which really adds an extra dimension to this film. It's deep but witty. Very nice!

18. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

19. Sơn Phước's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

One of the best movie of Eric Rohmer. A must-see and absolutely, my favorite!

20. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

21. Alex's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Rohmer is like Hitchcock, creates that feeling of need to know what will happen next.

22. Mai Ragab El-Refa'ey's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

As time passes, I love this one even more. The characters were very lovable, and it was very easy to relate to them, which is an outstanding feature of Rohmer's film-making.

23. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

I think this may be my favorite Rohmer film.

24. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Aviator's Wife

Rohmer is a magician. By making his 'talking pictures' he seemingly defies everything I try and teach my students about 'visual storytelling'. And yet he defies it so damn well.