1. AVA's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

Welch Opulenz,Grausamkeit,Niedertracht und Selbstgerechtigkeit.Hervorragend dargestellt.

2. Nayo Aragón's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

it breaks the 4th wall. and then it breaks the 5th wall.

3. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

if history in art needs to make a parallel with the present then pick your poison as to what the preaching is about. it rewards you after you've watched it even if it made you hate it while you did it. still, it's a consistently wonderful exercise in cinema and that, really, is all it takes for me to love something.

4. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

The quality of this film is the overall artificial structure, resulting from staging the action on a large stage as changing tableaus with lots of references to cultural history and art. From the beginning on, the use of language in call and response structures adds a ritualistic moment that becomes more and more apparent.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

In awe! An ode to the Catholic tradition, with all it's manipulations, carnage, pedophilia, greed and over all, love for the grand spectacle... of Roman-Fellini/Pasolini proportions of course!

6. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

"Sir, be greatful for the music. Most of us die in silence."

7. Halan's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

Great film although the idea still freaks me out!

8. Pymo's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

9. Aaron G.'s rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

A masterpiece.Far and away the best Greenaway film I've ever seen. Deeply unsettling and the best talking baby in cinema. Put's Look Who's Talking to shame!

10. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

To criticise a Peter Greenaway film because it is grotesque, contrived and indulgent is to miss the point. So how does one go about criticising this film. Firstly, I suppose, by saying that it is a mess and not very clever. It has none of the wit, charm and intelligence of The Cook, The Thief. Given that the plot had so much potential it seemed severely wasted on a script that makes its points glaringly obvious.

11. Jakob Larsson's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

I own this on DVD and the first and only time I've seen it completely blew my mind. I literally was astounded, almost couldn't breath thinking of what I just had witnessed. Greenaway you awesome motherfucker.

12. Redundant Cinema's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

tears down the fourth wall like no other film I've ever seen.

13. My name is Bruce's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

Kees Kasander's production company has uploaded this film on youtube in quite good quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FSI1W8qlTU

14. MrPinkGorilla's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

Una poesía cruel e instigadora, aunque refute que el teatro deba quedarse en el teatro el delicioso sentido mezquino de éste director me obliga a romper todos mis prejuicios estéticos y disfrutar de un sórdido cuento amarillo. Sigue sumando puntos el señor Peter.

15. Ben.'s rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

If you can find a way to watch it, be sure to do so, it is worth tracking down.

16. Noiresque's rating of the film The Baby of Mâcon

One of the greatest indictments of celebrity media culture committed to film