1. Bécot Georges's rating of the film The Banishment

Magnifique à tous points de vue. On pense à Tchekhov, Dostoievsky, Antonioni, Bergman.

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Banishment

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Banishment

4. ammar's rating of the film The Banishment

5. Alberto Mangiapane's rating of the film The Banishment

Pure cinematic experience. Sublime!

6. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Banishment

Might very well be one of my all time favorite movie.

7. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Banishment

Wait, I still have to finish watching it. (This is here to remind me.) Something of a strychnine-drip so far.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Banishment

9. Cemre Polat's rating of the film The Banishment

Fotoğraf gibi film dedikleri.

10. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film The Banishment

i love zvyagintsev's long shot very much. a film about woman that want to live without dying. life is very short to not live it

11. Edwardscissor's rating of the film The Banishment

Beautiful and sad at the same time.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film The Banishment

Very heavy shit. From the dark world of Andrey Zvyagintsev. Based on a novel by William Saroyan. Bonus points for beautiful and desolate locations.

13. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Banishment

Dostoievskian. I think, therefore I act. And at the end, I die. Highly recommended.

14. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Banishment

For me ,this is Andrey Zvyagintsev's best film so far.A film maker who wants his audience to interact with his work and not have to be told what to think! A director who is inspired by Antonioni,Bergman and Tarkovsky.His style may not be to everybodies taste,but to people who want film to challenge them occassionally,his a name to check-out and follow. "The Banishment" is a good starting point on the journey ahead.

15. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Banishment

Very slow, but very beautiful.

16. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Banishment

As interesting as his debut film, Zvyagintsev's The Banishment introduces thoughts on 3 relationships: husband and wife, brother and brother, father and son. My full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2007/12/51-russian-director-andrei-zvyagintsevs.html

17. Marian Sorin Radulescu's rating of the film The Banishment

Bergmanesque, rather than Tarkovskianesque. It certainly has a poignant atmosphere and is worth watching. Yet, a captivating plot, a brilliant photography and a wonderful cast can hardly make a vision.

18. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Banishment

Reminiscent of the sinister, unspoken solitude of "The Return", with its graceful camera movement and wonderful music. It skirts moral judgement in favour of communicating a massive sense of loss, and of men unable to express the impotence and rage that lies beneath their codes of honour.

19. simonadp's rating of the film The Banishment

perfect shots, hanging on things that allude and hide in the same time. the wind of the steppe beats the interior rhythm of the characters. a new declaration of love and despair to Russia and Tarkovsky's cinema, after 'The Return'.

20. SP's rating of the film The Banishment

Tarkovsky must be proud....

21. debbie ann's rating of the film The Banishment

22. bng's rating of the film The Banishment

I want this in HD very much!

23. nefolk's rating of the film The Banishment

Your faith shall be tested.

24. a şi u's rating of the film The Banishment

It's truly a masterpiece, as it was "The Return". It's a pity it has been so massively overlooked by the critics, it should have received more prizes. It's beautifully directed and the plot is not at all thinly constructed; there's more to it than what we are shown. Even if its length can be off-putting for some, "The Banishment" holds us captive from beginning until the end. It left me with a desire to replay it.