1. Edwardscissor's rating of the film The Banishment

Beautiful and sad at the same time.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film The Banishment

Very heavy shit. From the dark world of Andrey Zvyagintsev. Based on a novel by William Saroyan. Bonus points for beautiful and desolate locations.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Banishment

Dostoievskian. I think, therefore I act. And at the end, I die. Highly recommended.

4. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Banishment

For me ,this is Andrey Zvyagintsev's best film so far.A film maker who wants his audience to interact with his work and not have to be told what to think! A director who is inspired by Antonioni,Bergman and Tarkovsky.His style may not be to everybodies taste,but to people who want film to challenge them occassionally,his a name to check-out and follow. "The Banishment" is a good starting point on the journey ahead.

5. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Banishment

Very slow, but very beautiful.

6. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Banishment

As interesting as his debut film, Zvyagintsev's The Banishment introduces thoughts on 3 relationships: husband and wife, brother and brother, father and son. My full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2007/12/51-russian-director-andrei-zvyagintsevs.html

7. Marian Sorin Radulescu's rating of the film The Banishment

Bergmanesque, rather than Tarkovskianesque. It certainly has a poignant atmosphere and is worth watching. Yet, a captivating plot, a brilliant photography and a wonderful cast can hardly make a vision.

8. simonadp's rating of the film The Banishment

perfect shots, hanging on things that allude and hide in the same time. the wind of the steppe beats the interior rhythm of the characters. a new declaration of love and despair to Russia and Tarkovsky's cinema, after 'The Return'.

9. SP's rating of the film The Banishment

Tarkovsky must be proud....

10. debbie ann's rating of the film The Banishment

11. bng's rating of the film The Banishment

I want this in HD very much!

12. nefolk's rating of the film The Banishment

Your faith shall be tested.

13. a şi u's rating of the film The Banishment

It's truly a masterpiece, as it was "The Return". It's a pity it has been so massively overlooked by the critics, it should have received more prizes. It's beautifully directed and the plot is not at all thinly constructed; there's more to it than what we are shown. Even if its length can be off-putting for some, "The Banishment" holds us captive from beginning until the end. It left me with a desire to replay it.

14. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Banishment

While Zvyagintsev, owner of a remarkably subtle and pleasuring directing style, takes his time in setting the mood and tone of the film, the story is so minimally told and gives so little to the viewer to work with other than grand images of the Russian countryside and a few glancing details, that by the time his reworkings of time and meaning come to take place, their significance proves diminished and even obsolete

15. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Banishment

L'unica cosa memorabile di questo film, è la splendida colonna sonora di Arvo Part. Per il resto, abbastanza piatto e senza particolari evoluzioni. Elena l'ho trovato leggermente migliore. The only memorable thing about this film is the wonderful soundtrack of Arvo Part. For the rest, fairly flat and without any particular evolutions. Elena found it slightly better.

16. Lisandro Cab's rating of the film The Banishment

Quite disappointing, not very memorable and not even as interesting as the marvelous The Return. Even though, it has a beautiful cinematography.

17. vordven's rating of the film The Banishment

18. Somewhat Damaged's rating of the film The Banishment

great cinematogrophy, the visuals are perfect, a real work was made here. Nevertheless, the movie has dead times, i was not into it all the time. 4 stars

19. marciosoares's rating of the film The Banishment

20. uzak's rating of the film The Banishment

Dear Andrei Zvyagintsev. PLEASE MAKE MORE FILMS.

2 Next →