1. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Too much melodrama. Like Bukowski, Jim Carroll thinks the only way to be a good poet is to live in the dregs. And he's the type of guy who brags about how hard his life is and how many of his friends didn't make it. And I can't get on board with that.

2. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Seen it ages ago.. remember it because of DiCaprio saying to his mother the cleaning handkerchiefs he used to masturbate was because he had the flu or something

3. Walker's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

And it starts out so great!! What a disappointment. Go read the book, please

4. Arf's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Di Caprio tossicomane con quella faccia d'angelo non riesco proprio a guardarlo, c'è di meglio riguardo l'argomento ero

5. Emily O's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

i have to say my expectations were a little too high for this movie.

6. T-Cruise's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Dated, overwrought, but DiCaprio still shines.

8. Dignan's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Rather hollow depiction of drug withdrawal.

9. antibody's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

teacher made us watch this in high school. we laughed ourselves to detention

10. Michael Peer's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

DiCaprio is brilliant in an otherwise melodramatic overwrought after-school special. Time has not been kind to this. It's much cheesier and overly dramatic than I remember. The cast does what they can with the weak script. Requiem for a Dream this is not. Still, this is a must see for DiCaprio fans.

11. naojgg's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

12. JasonAv's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

13. lonesome-boat's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

“You're growing up. And rain sort of remains on the branches of a tree that will someday rule the Earth. And it's good that there is rain. It clears the month of your sorry rainbow expressions, and it clears the streets of the silent armies... so we can dance.”

14. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

There are parts in this movie so raw to me that it was almost agonizing to watch.

15. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Cruel reality. At first the film seemed almost dull but then picked up and gained substance. DiCaprio is almost too good looking for this which can be distracting but gave a solid performance.

16. Aymerik Martin Derome's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

17. g00by's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

18. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

DiCaprio's My Own Private Idaho

19. Nina's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

20. Sara Castro's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Extra star for Leo, damn.

21. Andreia Spranger's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

Average movie.. And Dicaprio is amazing!

22. Nora's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

A fantastic DiCaprio.As always.Average movie.

23. jhamaneric's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

24. Yellow Cotton Hat's rating of the film The Basketball Diaries

DiCaprio's performance is so unbelievably flawless in this. I will always have respect for him no matter what if for this movie alone.