1. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Bat

Who's Crane Wilbur? Not sure, but his film is so stupid its pretty fun to watch. Being a haunted house movie I was intrigued, but outside of Price and Moorehead (who ham it up joyfully) the acting is terrible, the characters act implausibly, and theres even some lesbian undertones thrown in to further confuse. One cant help but wonder what William Castle would've done. Jazzy theme! 3 stars, strictly for laughs.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film The Bat

If only complexity sparked interest.

3. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Bat

2,5 According to the dictum that low expectations spare one abysmal disappointment & provide the skeleton key to happiness (that's not my personal belief, I use it circumstantially), I was expecting the sea floor from this and got the plinth. Not bad. A penny dreadful story, a faded re-re-rewritten Gothic thriller palimpsest, but it's in cheap feuilleton fare one learns the basic structures of the narrative (U. Eco).

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Bat

5. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film The Bat

Final score: 5. Storyline: 6, Originality: 5, Cinematography: 5, Involvement: 4, Music: 4, Editing: 5, Educational: 5, Title design: 4, Acting: 4, Interesting: 4, Unusual: 4, Exciting: 4, Superior: 5

6. Tutu888's rating of the film The Bat

Well, I hoped for some hidden thriller/horror gem out of the fifties. Probably it's better be forgotten.

7. SALESK's rating of the film The Bat

weirdly archaic (based on 1920 stage play & subsequent silent adaptation) haunted house/psychotic killer movie wherein everyone is absurdly casual about murder, completely amoral or staggeringly dim-witted. directed with no flair by crane wilbur, maybe it could have been something with william castle. bizarre lesbian overtones. sort of hysterically bad in an interesting way but mostly boring.