1. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

2. Renton47's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Although historical distance allows me an appreciation I don't reserve for the current slate of docu-fictions, it's humbling to see the trauma re-enacted so vividly in a healing Algeria. The people and buildings conjuring a recent suffering for what? A victory lap for anti-fascist causes? Intention aside, I'm in awe of the technical work accomplished in the winding alleys, defining an already important film.

3. Paul Rot's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

4. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

re-watch on 16mm, after years. Devastating. I cried most of the fourth reel.

5. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

6. mubianer's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Watching the terrorists/freedom fighters drive down a crowd of civilians in a London cinema seemed a bit strange after recent events. A great re-watch for me. Not any unnecessary scenes. It has not lost relevance.

7. Ghostman's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

One of the greatest films of all and quite possibly the most rebellious film ever made, the Battle of Algiers is a milestone in cinema. An unbelievable triumph of a film.

8. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

9. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

I am astonished that this document of a war happening in my fatherland, during the time of his childhood, is so crisp in it's reflections of the brutal French, progressive and angry young Algerians and the slices of life of everyone else.

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

3-4. Eventually becomes a bit tedious and messy once the UN sides with France regarding the Algiers question. Politically complex though it is, I think the film suffers a bit from a lack of individuation about its own characters (the most distinct figure is the colonel). It is a really pretty film, however; and there's a wealth of background detail that makes it a fascinating piece in context. I'm glad I saw it.

11. yovargas's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Astonishing. A masterpiece. Complex, nuanced, passionate, and painfully relevant document of our turbulent political world. Almost feels more like journalism than film, in a way I've never seen before. A+

12. Michael Diers's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Ein absolutes Meisterwerk, innovativ, intensiv, berührend und heute aktueller den je. Großes Kino!

13. choupinet's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Overwhelming and harsh. I forgot I was watching a film based on real historical events, and not an actual documentary.

14. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

A memorable and historically important piece of cinema.

15. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

16. ammar's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

17. ricardo bonilla's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Estupenda película de un movimiento de Liberación Nacional de África. La respuesta de que si les dieran aviones no usaban suicidas, es muy impactante.

18. gld48's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

One of the greatest things I've seen.

19. James Mackin's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

An interesting portrayal of war.

20. samuele90's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

C'avete fatto caso che se sostiuiamo ISIS a Algeria mezzo otteniamo il 2016?

21. Caitlin's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

An essential film about the Algerian people's brave resistance against French colonial rule. Reminds me a great deal of "Rome Open City". It uses a documentary and neorealist style to put you in the middle of Algeria's struggle for independence. It's still relevant today and I found myself thinking of the brave protests of Palestinians in the documentary "5 Broken Cameras." Occupation & oppression continue.

22. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

23. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

it has a big potential in cinema history. Great images, that would be great if it has a great soundtrack, and lip sync for arabic dubbing.Because lip sync quite uncomfortable and does not match with overall dialogue. I would like to hear lead actor's real voice. But anyway it is very good film.

24. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Battle of Algiers

Like a morally responsible "Zero Dark Thirty." This probably has one of the best scores I've ever heard

← Previous 1 3 4 5