1. M.E. Funke's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

It hurt so much to see the people speak of a better future for their loved ones like it was guaranteed, but almost forty years later, we know how that turned out...

2. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

A great documentary. So simple, yet painful and to the point.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

Chile's always had a promising future.

4. SiIencio's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

Politcally-commited account and lucid insight into one of numerous failed attempts to radically transform the socio-political status quo in Latin-America, one that perpetuated a malaise of chronic inequality and marginalisation. Guzmán also highlights the naive spirit of this revolution. It also shows how far we still are from voluntary accepting the need of ethical values at the core of our own political systems.

5. josh scam's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

one of the wonders of the documentary world

6. Stevie's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

Perhaps the greatest documentary I've seen. It almost feels like an insult to label this work of art (which is what I've just done again).

7. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

"A non-violent Leftist movement was un-Democratically taken out of power. The viewer outside of Chile is going to say 'Well that is contrary to the values that the West openly espouses and as such our sympathies should not be with the institutions that were responsible for dismantling Democracy here, but rather with the Left.'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2016/01/episode-88-patricio-guzmans-battle-1975.html

8. antitezo's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

the most important chilean documentary until today

9. Liviu Cozma's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

Valuable for its footage but unforgivably biased. Could have easily been made in a more balanced way, the fact that it wasn't questions the whole process and Guzman ethics as a filmmaker. I would be baffled of the high ratings if not for other examples of highly positive responses to (especially left-wing) propaganda. Still deserves to be seen for the most part of its footage.

10. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

Socialismo o muerte. Something like that

11. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

12. Marvin's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

A towering achievement!

13. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

documento de una herida que no para de sangrar...

14. Andrew Lang's rating of the film The Battle of Chile

The film that made me want to make films