1. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

bom título, filme incoerente.

2. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

3. Cependant's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

I could not somehow sympathize with the characters. The father's not feeling sorry for her daughter's death was beyond my comprehension.The music and some scenes were nice, though.

5. Knickerson's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Nice imagery with good use of colour filters.

6. captainfez's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Looks great. Watches dreadfully.

7. Pelinemre's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Great. Moving people in still pictures. I think he's giving the message with those scenes... over and over.. Mysterious tension between father and daughter starts to resolve slowly with some dialogues and baam.. Calm reactions to massive personal disasters... Emphasization of a greater power and the ridicioulisness of war repetatively.. I liked the use of the red colour ;)

8. Antonio Alejandro's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

9. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Not bad for a first feature and while not perfect, ultimately this is a tragic yet beautiful film. I enjoyed the use of amatuer actors and although the dialogue was somewhat lacking and a bit "clumsy" I think it was just enough to allow the story line to be held together. In the end the message in the the film is very clear. The last scene is well worth it but you have to journey through the completely to get there.

10. byron's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

FASCINATING BEAUTIFUL WELL MADE

11. Miggy Angel's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

12. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

I wasn't really interesting in deciphering the allegories and the implicit politics of it - yet I loved the atmosphere.. wonderful photography and music throughout..

13. David Rosen's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Despite much of of The Battle of Tabato being quite confusing (this is understandable considering the foreign culture being examined here), arresting imagery, exotic music and moments of real power combine to make a noteworthy film. 7/10

14. Mariana Branco's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

"Há 1000 anos, enquanto tu fazias a tua guerra, criámos o chão do reggae e do jazz."

15. João Eça's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

Disastrous. Not only the theme of the search for peace in a place of death and war is treated with the complexity of a child's brain as every single shot is just awful. João Viana is interested in everything except in what he should be: the people, the musicians, the villagers of Tabatô. In the course of the movie you learn nothing about them and, as a consequence, you learn nothing at all. What a bad commercial...

16. Slowart's rating of the film The Battle of Tabatô

over-the-top misused "sober formalism" (long takes, exaggeratedly static compositions, claustrophobic interiors) / has some memorable images + score featuring brilliant african music / one of those portugese masters who go on a bold crusade to expand cinematic boundaries by mixing fiction and nonfiction layers with voiceover - compared to gomes viana is too direct for my taste /