1. harringtonellie's rating of the film The Beach

The Beach, where to start. This is one of those films that I'm really late in watching but better late than never. To be honest, I enjoyed it, it was entertaining and it felt young, and nostalgic despite the fact that I hadn't seen it. Boyle's directorial style is so iconic and just fucking brill and his use of soundtrack echoes that same feeling you had watching Trainspotting for the first time. It's alreet!

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Beach

Thought by revisiting this it would be fun. Some nostalgic early 2000's thing. I thought wrong. It sucks.

3. Ethan's rating of the film The Beach

This is a decent adventure film from Boyle with a glimpse of what Leo would become only two years later.

4. MAO1's rating of the film The Beach

5. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Beach

Ci sono delle belle scene in questo film, ma sono troppo poche per meritarsi un voto più alto.

6. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film The Beach

A world without consequence. Just like the movie itself.

7. Rita Roque's rating of the film The Beach

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Beach

9. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film The Beach

10. camille's rating of the film The Beach

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Beach

A discombobulated effort with such distinctive sequences, it fails to maintain a full arc. Nonetheless, there is so much of merit in this sophomoric effort from Boyle, errors in design are forgive able. This left an indelible impression in my teen years.

12. Christopher Morgan's rating of the film The Beach

When I was younger I loved this movie but when I revisited it it had lost some of its luster. Kind of a weak Danny Boyle flick. It definitely lacks direction, with its ever shifting ideas and genre hops. Maybe it reflects how Boyle likes to completely change genres with every movie, sometimes within a movie (sunshine). Goofy 2000's soundtrack. The 4th act drags and it's direction seems misguided. DiCaprio is hot.

13. ionosonde's rating of the film The Beach

feels so damn y2k. i was admittedly very interested in the journey leading up to the fabled beach, but after their arrival the film spun into a bunch of different directions -- none of which i really enjoyed. the scene with the norwegians was powerful and i was expecting a shift in tone after that and i guess i kind of got it but not in the way i wanted. and uh...the video game scene. wowie.

14. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Beach

I'm not sure what Danny Boyle thought he was getting out of this.

15. ORAS's rating of the film The Beach

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Beach

Our Daily Free Stream: Danny Boyle / Leonardo DiCaprio - The Beach. The Beach ist ein Film, der ziemlich durcheinander geraten ist. Einige Male scheint er sich anzustrengen, ein besserer Film zu werden. Jedes Mal nimmt er diese Anstrengung anschliessend wieder zurück... mehr auf cinegeek.de

17. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Beach

18. Levent Güçer's rating of the film The Beach

19. JasonAv's rating of the film The Beach

20. André Miguel's rating of the film The Beach

I suggest this movie to a person but she said it was stupid I was very offended and here it goes ... five stars

21. Dominique Lefebvre's rating of the film The Beach

Leo whines alot. Fun for early teens. Not so fun later

22. Cependant's rating of the film The Beach

"Françoise" à l'anglaise.

23. Barabanchik's rating of the film The Beach

Why change the story from the book??? Decent film but the book was so superb.

24. movie buff girl:)'s rating of the film The Beach

leonardo is a great actor but this movie was weird! i think this movie incorporated a lot of themes into one lust, love, rejection, acceptance, danger, intrigue, curiosity, adaptation into a new culture, paradise isn't always as it seems, human vulnerability and weaknesses, being trapped on an island holding many secrets causes man to go insane and become a savage