1. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Another lovely and extremely creative autobiographical film from Agnès Varda!

2. hubertguillaud's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Expérimental, bricolé, libre, léger et grave, les Plages d'Agnès tient plus d'une introspection que d'une hagiographie. Où la convocation des fantômes sert à montrer ce qui nous anime. Ce que ce film chine, ce n'est pas tant Agnès Varda, qu'un regard sur le monde, bienveillant et ému, assemblé de petits rien qu'elle nous invite à déplier de nous-mêmes comme elle les extrait d'elle-même. Magnifique !

3. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

"Je me souviens pendant que je vis."

4. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Les plages d'Agnès's successes are the direct opposites to the failing of Les Cent et unes nuits; more than a film director, Agnès Varda is a photographer. She's isn't interested in pure fantasies, all of her best films are in close proximity to people and cities, parallel to their fictions. Sure, a film about a director explaining her/his movies is a bit redundant, but it one of the few that's actually fun to watch.

5. nvmore's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

6. Seher Andaç's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

This document is so warm and adorable in that unique way - Agnès Varda's way... A recollection of memories, fragments of Agnès' life as she remembers it, very organic and personal. It's nostalgic, but somehow manages convey positive and hopeful side of life.

8. Renton47's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Varda manages to make the "best of" doco format feel radiant, mostly because the film is so lived in; the clips, re-enactments and anecdotes all personal, eschewing the obvious stuff. I don't mind that the film is loose, its "timeless" beach metaphor only sporadically used, because the personality in this film is bountiful. We were conned into loving a film where someone brags about all their awesome experiences.

9. Priscilla Lee's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Magnificent work! Intimate disclosure of life and art. Truly inspiring.

10. captainfez's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Agnès Varda’s creative encounters with her own past are amazing. I am fascinated by the way she reflects personal memories as well as her films and photographies and turns all these elements into ingredients of a new, aesthetically appealing metafilm. Watching „Les plages d'Agnès“ means to discover many influences but also being totally exposed to Varda’s imaginative stream of conciousness filmmaking. Wonderful!

12. Jenjat's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Weird and beautiful, typical Agnes Varda movie

13. hemachandra's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Dear Agnes, you are a great director, a gifted photographer and a wonderful person. -------------- This is not an autobiography but a film that is most central to her life. A film about her lifetime.

14. Massimo C's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Interesting and touching documentary about AV's life. The director is funny and leads the spectator in a personal yet fragmented and "puzzled" journey across her life and oeuvres.

15. lou.'s rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

J'adore Agnès quand elle joue le cinéma! Ce film fait le paire avec la bio de son amoureux Jaquot, que j'ai aussi aimé extrêmement. Quel récit fascinant, tout au long de sa vie: c'est un extraordinaire fresco d'images fragmentées, références, coquillages, souvenirs d'enfance et mémoires, chatons, rencontres épiques et luttes des femmes. Poétique, nostalgique. Je voudrais en parler avec elle, sur l'île, à l'infini ♥

16. José Marín's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Gorgeous and poetic, it is incredibly simple and straightforward yet brimming with metaphors and beautiful images. An extraordinary filmmaker telling us about her extraordinary life that feels almost as if she had known us for her whole life. An absolutely perfect film.

17. quienteviera's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

18. Laura Suffield's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

You showed this film a couple of years ago, maximum. You programmed this film less than 2 years ago. Please note that I am protesting in general about the number of films you are showing again in a very short space of time. We don't pay our membership fees for endless repeats. If other members would like to comment, I would appreciate some support here.

19. Quesera,sera's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

"I know my classics, and I know my friends". A true filmmakers is not a film buffs. the film comes from experience, capturing life, making friends, memories..

20. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

21. letters never sent's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

22. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

A story about her life, her inspirations, and her works. For some reasons, this film makes my heart feels warm and strengthen my love for Agnés Varda.

23. roromancl's rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès

Another wonderful film by Agnés Varda. Raccounteur par excellence. This film is beautiful, nostalgic, funny and a wonderful addition to the work by Varda. Beautiful woman, beautiful film...

24. Humber J.'s rating of the film The Beaches of Agnès