1. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

A smart, touching film about passion versus means. It's about knowing when to quit, and the struggle that ensues when trying to. Very glad to finally see this earlier piece by the great Jacques Audiard.

2. ammar's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

3. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

4. Xénia's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

as beautiful as the poetry you can find in the title

5. jkristianl's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

6. nejurgi's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

7. Matt Richards's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Romain Duris is vital, violent, tragic and utterly vulnerable in this beautifully executed piece of cinema. The relationship between father and son is purely toxic and achieved with only a handful of scenes favouring body language and minimal dialog. 4.5 stars

8. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

9. Utlaningaar's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

The good thing about this movie is that I laughed a lot. The bad thing... it would take me too long to even approach the matter. But it was hilarious to watch, that's how bad it was, from the plot to Romain Duris's acting. Let's just say that it's true he entered the industry by chance.

10. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Como en "Lee mis labios", aquí el protagonista masculino posee una doble personalidad. Por un lado es la del hombre llevando la rutina del pesado y violento oficio de la inmobiliaria. Por otro es la del hombre apasionado por la música. "De latir..." es un filme sobre la abnegación de un hijo, para con su padre y su fallecida madre. Es el lado perverso y benefactor. Esto, hasta el final del filme, será inseparable.

12. robskils75's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

C'est bon. C'est tres bon.

13. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

14. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Romain Duris is totally captivating as Tom, a man caught between his desire to be a concert pianist and his sordid reality of being a collection agent for his father and a shady real estate broker.

15. Lirian's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Lindo título. Deve ser um filme bonito.

16. Fernando Cordeiro's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

One of my favorite movies. I recommend.

17. David Del Bourgo's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Jacques Audiard is one of the best filmmakers working today. He and other French filmmakers put most American films to shame, and have brought a new kind of Noir to our generation.

18. Denis Kolokol's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

19. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

I just recently purchased the DVD of this film after seeing "A Prophet". Jacques Audiard has created some great works of cinema.

20. Maria Tsavari's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

21. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Has one of my favorite car dancing scenes ever, set to Electrocute's "Kleiner Dicker Junge". And the credits roll with The Kills' "Monkey 23", too.

22. Richard David Pitre's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Romain Duris is amazing in this film, blown away by his ability! Great film all in all as well. The world needs more films like these.

23. Umut Yüksel's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

24. El Biffo's rating of the film The Beat That My Heart Skipped

A French remake of "FINGERS", which starred Harvey Keitel. Dad wants him to go into the family business of being a small-time hood, a thumb-buster collecting debts, but he wants to be a concert pianist like mom. A great story, and I loved both films.