1. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film The Beekeeper

6.5/10. Contemplative with some astounding images and scenes, THE BEEKEEPER nonetheless suffers from a bleak outlook on sexual perversity. I left the theater feeling glum and like I should take a shower.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Une oeuvre sublime, déchirante, d'une constante et lancinante amertume... www.cinefiches.com

3. Diderot's rating of the film The Beekeeper

A great movie about memory, aging, and youth. When Marcello crashed his car into the cafe, all I could think was YAAAASSSS!

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Beekeeper

5. rllr's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Visually and aurally probably the most unpleasant film I've ever seen. I'm not asking this film to be beautiful, but to be creative.

6. madnuge's rating of the film The Beekeeper

ΔΙΚΕ ΜΟΥ, ΘΕΛΩ ΝΑ ΠΗΔΗΞΩ ΤΗ ΚΟΡΗ ΜΟΥ ΛΜΑΟ

7. Jason's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Bees. Beekeeping. The tending of controlled chaos. The buzzing of bees is chaos. The buzzing of bees is the sound of the unconscious. The keeper (the keeper of order) is the ego. Sex is the catalyst for rupture and, well, chaos. Angelopoulos seems like an honorary Italian (Mastroianni!) channeling, as always, both Rossellini and Antonioni. Here he also channels Wenders' German road movies ... nearly surpassing them.

8. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Beekeeper

9. Stevie's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Beautifully bleak images of Greek, a great contrast to the images many of us know from the popular holiday destination. The bleakness of the landscape suits the film fantastically. Mastroianni is fantastic.

10. tertzak's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Seemingly unburdened by memory, bees are believed to be happiest in cities these days. A matter of agricultural priorities diminishing the countryside, combined with our own affinity for potted flowers (not aspidistras mind you)? Cultivation certainly goes a long way in this film by, unsurprisingly, a man who no doubt understands both poetry, and the distinction between natural and positive law.

11. joey Noodles's rating of the film The Beekeeper

Quite stunning, Mastroianni excells in a very challenging role.

12. Kenji's rating of the film The Beekeeper

A film of extraordinary vision, delicacy, beauty and poignant yearning,

13. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film The Beekeeper

It took me two viewings to realise how good this was. The first time I saw it I thought it was good and very pretty. For some reason on the second viewing it overwhelmed me ... maybe if I was smarter and more articulate I could explain this better ...