1. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film The Beguiled

A quite beautiful film but lacks these moments of trouble and ambiguity that the screenplay promises. It's all too wrapped-up to be as interesting as it should be.

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Beguiled

3. RumbleFish's rating of the film The Beguiled

Proprio quando ormai ti ha convinto che non succederà nulla e si rimarrà nel regno delle battutine e degli sguardi arditi ecco che precipita tutto e il garbo diventa spietata violenza, senza che questo sgualgisca qualche merletto

4. Graham Ball's rating of the film The Beguiled

3.5 stars... To be honest I could totally see it going to 4 stars with another viewing...

5. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film The Beguiled

6. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film The Beguiled

7. Diderot's rating of the film The Beguiled

Coppola has a meticulous eye for the beautiful. Though this isn't one of her better films, it's worth watching for the production design alone.

8. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film The Beguiled

9. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Beguiled

This movie gets a great big shrug from me. Looked beautiful but falters in light of the superior original which no one was clamoring for a sequel for btw. Do you Sofia I still love your aesthetic but I wanted this to go farther..it seemed more restrained than the original in a lot of ways. Might have been better if I’d went in cold not having seen the original.

10. nadnab's rating of the film The Beguiled

11. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Beguiled

Lo más destacable es la radical y expresiva dirección de fotografía que apuesta a la oscuridad y la penumbra sin temor alguno, en la línea de un Gordon Willis desencadenado. De resto, un trabajo correcto, pero algo gélido.

12. Mr.Rager's rating of the film The Beguiled

I would have preferred more risk taken from behind the camera and for that the whole thing felt not so tense. Also not so credible and way too childish. The acting wasn't quite great despite a good performance offered by Kidman. Fanning is a little bitch here, Farrell a horny liar, Dunst a sucker for pain. In front of the camera, really appreciated the costumes and how the low light was used. 6.5/10.Not so remarkable

13. Matilde Ricon Peres's rating of the film The Beguiled

Beautiful as always, Miss Coppola.

14. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Beguiled

Beguiled and Mother! suggest that 2017 was not a great year for cinema restraining itself to one (housebound) location. Despite a promising setup in the opening third, what follows is startlingly underwhelming. The dramatic moments are overdone (the limping chase through the garden is particularly ridiculous), and the quiet moments often underbaked. About the only thing cooked right is the movie's last supper.

15. wi.bi's rating of the film The Beguiled

this is good actually. but yes.... easy to forgot... the minus is... there's a lot thing to do to be more tense and interesting.

16. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film The Beguiled

17. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Beguiled

[Porto/Post/Doc'17] It certainly had way more room to expand into a much longer film but the way it goes straight to the point is also a part of its magic and why I loved it so much. The tenderness of these young girls contrasting with the desire for the unknown is something only a few can capture in such an enticing way.

18. epiphany_moment2000's rating of the film The Beguiled

Maybe the editing was a bit rough? I felt like the whole thing was rushed and weirdly paced.

19. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film The Beguiled

"First you will come to the Sirens who enchant all who come near them. If any one unwarily draws in too close and hears the singing of the Sirens, his wife and children will never welcome him home again, for they sit in a green field and warble him to death with the sweetness of their song." Homer's Odyssey

20. Mashi95's rating of the film The Beguiled

3.5/ At the beginning I was hooked up by how the story was developing, the sexual tension between the girls/women and the soldier being subtle yet omnipresent. But what kind of ending was that? It seemed like Coppola got tired of the movie and stopped it abruptly inventing a fast ending that would somehow please the viewers. Exactly as  getting rid of a character in a series cause the actor left the production

21. lina maj's rating of the film The Beguiled

The film is so pretty, maybe too pretty - the blood and wounds, the sexual tensions and war just get subdued in this pretty, careful world. Therefore the raw, shattering scream of Colin Farrel was a much needed moment and my favourite too.

22. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Beguiled

23. Theories Of Anxiety's rating of the film The Beguiled

24. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Beguiled

I'm gonna go with 4 stars, but sometimes times there's something off about the editing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7