1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Best Intentions

The Palme may have gone to August, but I can't help but think it was a belated way to honor Ingmar Bergman, whose brilliant, personal screenplay makes this a lost Bergman film. The cast is terrific, and even if all August did was stay true to the master, he did a fine job. The chief drawback is that it feels like (and was) a miniseries cut to a feature, with the whole less than the sum of its highly eloquent parts.

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Best Intentions

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Best Intentions

The only thing holding this film back is that it's not directed by the big man himself. Billie August has proven himself a capable journeyman of art house films but lacks any intensity or the piercing eye that Bergman brings to Fanny & Alexander. However, a workmanlike take on Bergmans script still makes for some truly exellent acting and an experience to behold.

4. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Best Intentions

Give my regards to that woman, tell her she deserved her life and death. She will never have my forgiveness. Tell her I despise her for the sake of my mother and for my own sake. Just as I loathe you and people like you.

5. captain's rating of the film The Best Intentions

My very first arthouse film!!!! I love it, but need to go ahead and invest in a copy of it that wasn't taped off of PBS 20 years ago :)

6. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Best Intentions

7. Dzimas's rating of the film The Best Intentions

Is this a sign Criterion will one day issue this incredible film?