1. Ivana's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

The first hour is a bit uninteresting, but the rest is worth the wait.

2. Tatami's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

The film lacks substance and the execution leaves a lot to be desired. It is disjointed and considering its length, is surprisingly superficial . Too many flaws prevent the film from achieving greatness. Most importantly, the first part of the film, the "youth", was rather weak and fails to establish a ground for the rest of the film. The high point occurs when the focus is set on Matteo in the second part.

3. -REM-'s rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

(...)Von mir aus hätte La Meglio Gioventu noch drei Stunden andauern dürfen. Ist es nicht so, dass die Begrenzung von zwei Stunden aus den meisten Filmen Kurzgeschichten werden lässt? Hier aber kommt ein Roman!(...)

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

7. J0NS's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

8. Anirudha Seetiraju's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

Such a beautiful movie! Push yourself for 1 and half hours the next 4 hrs are such a breeze! Loved it!

9. mpho3's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

"[As] seductive as a towering work of narrative fiction, in the same way that Garcia Marquez’s One Hundred Years of Solitude and Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children give themselves to the people of Colombia and India, respectively. Giordana weaves a delicate tapestry of human ecstasy and misery, paralleling the ups and downs of a family with the rise and fall of a country." - Ed Gonzalez, Slant. 3.5 stars

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

4.5 Wow, thanks MUBI. Great actors as the brothers. Matteo is afraid to feel anything, and wants a rulebook for life. Nicola is "simpatico" and eager to help people experience their feelings. Where their lives take them as a result of their personalities seems organic and masterfully plotted. Only the trajectory of Nicola's wife seems a bit far-fetched, but the second half may prove me wrong.

11. Tania Ahmadi's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

'Masterpiece' would such a little word for this film.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

I saw THE BEST OF YOUTH when it came out, that was a while ago, but I remember it wasn't bad, maybe a little bit cliche if you've seen as many Italian family epics as I have. Big time investment, these Italian family epics, and like a TV series, they require the viewer to actually care about this particular Italian family. But if you're willing to drink the Kool-ade, go for it. Or watch ROCCO & HIS BROTHERS instead.

13. tffny's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

enjoyed the historical background present in this movie. the dialogue could have been better, some parts of the plot felt unbelievable...

14. Edit Profile's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

cheesy-- stopped viewing after the first 10 minutes because the acting reminded me of the way people sound on television sit-coms. Felt like I was watching a TV show. Characters too archetypal and stock; feels dated. I can imagine lots of people really liking this.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

I got sucked into this story almost immediately, and it did not let me go. One of the main reasons that it took such a strong hold on me was that it didn't make a lot of the mistakes that films like this normally do. 1. No gangsters 2. Strong female characters 3. Talks about social and philosophical issues in a meaningful way 4. Not everything is explained 5. Not a tear jerker 6. Consistent acting

16. Nan Bauer's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Greatest series ever. How amazing that you are showing it. Not going to expound on this one, just watch it for a gorgeous history of Italy since the late 60s to the new century as experienced by one family.

17. ammar's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

18. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

Why this is divided in parts is beyond me, I've watched the whole thing from start to finish. Amazing coming of age story.

19. zifone's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

Benvenuto nella mia top 10 :) il cinema italiano, il cinema delle emozioni vere

20. João Rocha's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

The most amazing exercise of reallity.

21. Maria Vieira's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

I decided to watch this film because I read really good reviews. At first I thought it would be boring but it became one of the most wonderful films I've ever seen! It's so human, we feel such an empathy with the characters that we almost believe they're our own friends. It also reminded me my own life and I can't wait to see part 2. Masterpiece!

22. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

A wonderful story on two brothers and their adventures and endeavours from the beginning of adulthood in the 80's until the present day in 2000. One of the greatest six hours straight I've spent in front of a screen. Even if a tad melodramatic and at times a little soap-opery, it is a grand Italian epic. And one to re-watch.

23. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

this is the first p[art but its the youth.second part maybe not receiving.

24. Swatantra Baral's rating of the film The Best of Youth (Part 1)

Six hour Italian epic...its like reading a novel and getting engrossed with the character....a bit melodramatic but impeccable character development by Giordana and add to that riveting performances...certainly one of the best i've ever come across.