1. Cassidy Bell's rating of the film The Better Angels

A clear and unabashed Malick imitation, but still stunningly beautiful on a number of levels, so as a viewer I'm torn. It leads to a number of questions about authorship and influence (which isn't really what I want to be thinking about given the movie's artistic value). Ultimately it seems kind of futile to copy a film maker with such a unique, distinctive voice. It'd be like a singer trying to be Roy Orbison.

2. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Better Angels

Angeli, sui quali la cinepresa volteggia con la stessa armoniosa leggiadra attraverso le radure e i boschi di Perry County, i cui margini si estendono smisuratamente, annientando il limite visivo (il grandangolo è una costante) attraverso improbabili inquadrature: http://visionesospesa.blogspot.it/2016/04/the-better-angels.html

3. svulps's rating of the film The Better Angels

A Terrence Malick version of Abe Lincoln childhood

4. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The Better Angels

I think I'm in love with Abraham Lincoln's stepmother... Diane Kruger is just ethereal in this film. The little boy playing young Lincoln was also nicely cast. You can clearly see Malick's influence, both is terms of visual style and narrative approach, but it's a wonderful effort and I hope to see more from A.J. Edwards.

5. Salah Hassan's rating of the film The Better Angels

Such a lively picture. 3.5/5

6. Stefan Vali's rating of the film The Better Angels

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Better Angels

Besides the dignified visuals, with the black-and-white as understandable choice, “The Better Angels” offers little motives to be cherished.

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Better Angels

9. Till Kadritzke's rating of the film The Better Angels

BERLINALE 2014: Maybe not very original, Malick all the way, but still a world of pure cinema and b/w-beauty.