1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The BFG

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The BFG

In its best moments, a masterpiece of perspective. Spielberg's camera ebbs and winds through multiple points of view and fantasies (both, large and small) in ways rivaling the best of his own work, and for a second, feels briefly like a successor to Hook. When it strays from these two perspectives it falls apart spectacularly.

3. Justwibi's rating of the film The BFG

if this film relase in 80's-90's is gonna be really huge and great!

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The BFG

Made with the expected visual flair and Mark Rylance is perfect but the film for some reason left me cold until the Queen turns up and it's charm factor rises several notches.

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The BFG

I'm a big Dahl fan, and Spielberg's movies are most honest when they center on a lonely child, so the bad buzz didn't faze me and the idea of an old-fashioned kids film was enticing. The question remains, though, whether an old-fashioned kids movie can exist when bombast is a prereq, even here. You have to watch this movie as a gleaner, sifting through for the keepers. As ever, Spielberg's secret weapon is lyricism.

6. RumbleFish's rating of the film The BFG

Notevole ma deludente, di una fiaba che ho amato tanto da bambina non restano emozioni particolari giusto lo stupore per la grafica e la regia e qualche sorriso

7. luís debonoir's rating of the film The BFG

8. Bea Vea's rating of the film The BFG

It's a good adaptation and the visual are lovely but it's not a Roald Dahl work that I really like so there's a slight disinterest for it.

9. Kreg's rating of the film The BFG

A faithful remake of a classic, which itself was faithful to the book, this version of the BFG doesn't fail to deliver on any aspect. The less whimsical BFG had to grow on me but think I much prefer it this way after all. That said, they held nothing back and gave us the full experience, whizzpoppers and all. The digital effects, easily the part that could have ruined this film, were very impressive.

10. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The BFG

kids don't deserve it. too thoughtful

11. Joel's rating of the film The BFG

Bursting with enough child-like wonder and delight to offset it's pot holes and perhaps over-stretched story arcs. It's refreshing to see a children's story that's less clever writing and more pure imagination. I smiled through the whole thing.

12. Star Lord's rating of the film The BFG

Il grande gigante gentile, titolo italiano. Un po' lento, un po' fessacchiotto ed un po' troppo (esageratamente) fiabesco per i miei gusti. Gli ultimi minuti, finale incluso, lo fanno salire a 2,5.

13. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The BFG

14. Denis Zordan's rating of the film The BFG

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The BFG

**1/2. Steven Spielberg comes 30 years too late with this Roald Dahl's adaptation. The audience for such a film doesn't exist anymore. It's not Spielberg's fault. A DVD to offer to your grandparents but NOT to your children.

16. Laura Chifiriuc's rating of the film The BFG

I couldn't even make it till the end, such a snore...

17. pirri's rating of the film The BFG

18. SiIencio's rating of the film The BFG

What a mess. Visually stunning but what a plonk of a script, how flimsy is the story. The film trudges through mud while looking at its own navel. While busy recreating the wonders of a dreamland Spielberg forgets to develop pace and purpose. Time goes by and simply fantastic animation techniques and sweet cute little carachters are not enough to counter-balance the tedium that starts engulfing it all.

19. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The BFG

One star and a half (the amount of hours this movie wasted on exposition...)

20. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film The BFG

21. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film The BFG

Found this film a visual delight with some warm and touching storytelling. However, I felt it needn't have to be almost 2 hours long. Besides, there were a few parts where the story almost lost itself and the ending seemed way to rushed to me. On the bright side, it offered everything and more of what a film adaptation from a Roald Dahl's book should come up with.

22. Marina C.'s rating of the film The BFG

I don't think one ever reaches an age where children movies stop being moving or funny (or both); yet, as much as I enjoyed the hour and something that I spent with BFG, it didn't thrill me as much as I was anticipating ever since the moment I first watched the trailer. There was something that wasn't captivating me, even though Sophie was amazing and I just love me some brave, endearing female protagonists.

23. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film The BFG

Bravo Mark Rylance ma il film è una merda Spielberg sei un maledetto ebreo

24. Will Thede's rating of the film The BFG

The VFX were wonky, the story was thin and the fart jokes were too much... but it's beautiful to behold and incredibly bizarre - a bizarre which I appreciated, but I understand some won't.