1. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Big Chill

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Big Chill

Une oeuvre inspiré, d'une constante tendresse déchirée.. www.cinefiches.com

3. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Big Chill

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Big Chill

Basically a Hollywood version of the great Canadian film The Decline of the American Empire, with a really good 60s soundtrack.

5. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Big Chill

One of the best old-friends-meet-for-the-holidays kind of film.

6. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Big Chill

The Big Chill ist einer dieser Filme, in denen alte Freunde über "früher" sprechen. Als Lawrence Kasdan 1983 The Big Chill inszenierte, da war "früher" 1968. Sie lassen die Vergangenheit wieder aufleben, lehnen die Gegenwart ab, ja fürchten sie und bedauern das, was zwischenzeitlich geschah... mehr auf cinegeek.de

7. samuele90's rating of the film The Big Chill

Sì, ma allora mannaggia la Madonna.

8. Emile Tremblay's rating of the film The Big Chill

9. baba lola's rating of the film The Big Chill

10. Andy Cucumber's rating of the film The Big Chill

11. DaisyJ's rating of the film The Big Chill

Good movie about friendship although I will never do what Glenn Close did even for the sake of friendship.

12. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Big Chill

13. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Big Chill

An indulgence and affirmation of boomer complacency and solipsism set to a greatest hits playlist. Meg Tilly, tho.

14. Rocco's rating of the film The Big Chill

Overrated, but an undeniably enjoyable classic!

15. Tigrão's rating of the film The Big Chill

Jeff Goldblum's hair style... damn.

16. mjgildea's rating of the film The Big Chill

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Definitely entertaining but nowhere nearly as good as I was lead to believe it would be. A strong start that coasted its way through the middle then just kind of passed out snoring in a rocking chair for the incredibly abrupt end. The performances were great (namely a creeper Goldblum and I've never liked William Hurt so much) and soundtrack were worth the watch but that's about it.

17. João Rocha's rating of the film The Big Chill

Have a poor ending, but the script is a really good one with some good performances!

18. courtneylesueur's rating of the film The Big Chill

When I was around 10 years old, I chose this soundtrack out of my dad's record collection to listen to and it made a huge impression on me. Why I just now got around to watching it is a mystery, but it's an excellent character-driven film, and Jeff Goldblum is a delight, as always.

19. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Big Chill

In the 80's, Lawrence Kasdan was one of the most interesting American newcomers. The Big Chill is still a favorite of mine.

20. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Big Chill

Despite a somewhat disappointing ending, there's some fine writing and acting in here. I believe this really does justice to the potential of character development in America cinema. It would be hard to have a script like this produced with same panache these days.

21. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Big Chill

One of the best hangout movies ever made. Although its dialogue may sound too on the nose at times, it is only done because the characters are discussing things that need to be discussed. Without sounding too pretentious, quite honestly this is one of the only films that has made me ask myself questions about myself, my role in life, etc.

22. Mario Gaborović's rating of the film The Big Chill

One of the ''I want to live out this'' movies that makes your afternoon pink. Too bad the relations between characters are not well developed, and the music score is obviously patching these shortcomings (as it's the case in many 1980s feel-good movies). Also feels like Jeff Goldblum is the only actor here with charisma.

23. Angela's rating of the film The Big Chill

There are a lot of current filmmakers who claim darker influences, like Harold & Maude or the Graduate, when they're actually just remaking The Big Chill over and over. This the template for modern, dry indie movies and pretty much anything with a mumblecore atmosphere.

24. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Big Chill

The strengths of THE BIG CHILL bury its flaws. The great ensemble and brilliantly coordinated soundtrack support a pretty good story that asks questions but doesn't deliver answers.