1. Sacha Aiache's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

2. Sérgio Guedelha's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

3. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

That rug really did tie the room together...

4. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

It's taken me a while to get around to viewing this Coen brothers picture, and while I agree with others that have said it's not "all that," it definitely deserves its place in the nihilistic, meta, boundlessly bizarre comedy genre it finds itself in. Honestly, that may be the reason it is so beloved: audiences are smarter than we think and they realize this gem is about nothing and doesn't really go anywhere.

5. dream_shade's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

6. nicolecahali's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

4.5. Gostei! The Man in Me do Dylan me conquistou logo de cara, cena do boliche é linda demais com as fontes da abertura, contagiante! Personagens incríveis, sinceríssimos! Não dei nota cinco por não gostar de personagens egoístas que estragam com tudo que poderia dar certo deixando mais errado e atrapalhando de um jeito pentelho e mala - estilo Danny em This is the End - não suporto esse tipo de gente.

7. Mashi95's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

It's reassuring and comforting knowing that the Dude is out there

8. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

10/10 Classic black comedy. Remember seeing it the day after it's premiere, whole place was dying of laughter. What a great sense of humor those brothers had (or have). Instantly qoutable dialoges and incredible soundtrack (Cpt. Beefheart!).

9. Rebecca Lynn Johnson's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Finally, a 5-star film I can put on my MUBI for the first time in a long time.

10. Alex Shuster's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

The Coens place a bum in a situation that is frantic while also providing entertainment and great suspense.

11. lofisofi's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

fun depiction of Los Angeles slacker and beach culture, but like every Coen movie the film disturbs me with the suggestion that it is bad to care about things

12. Walker's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

The dude will always abide

13. captainfez's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

A great big shaggy doob story.

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Why this film is so beloved is beyond me. The Coens have made some incredible films over the years but for me this is not one of them. Scattershot scripting, under written characters and visually interesting sequences that go nowhere seem to work against the film. Mind you the soundtrack is quite monumental.

15. SiIencio's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Very weak and loose incursion into the film-noir by the Coens. Here the plot is fairly insubstantial and the blanks are filled with humour to give some much-needed weight to the lot. But it is the figure of the charismatic and nihilistic Dude what makes the film for many and this character alone has been reason enough to grant this film with cult status in the eyes of a vast audience.

16. Al Sampedro's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I love it, I can't help it...

17. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

18. Francisca's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Ai pá, SIM! Personagens consistentes que refletem a história e o seu acaso.

19. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

A surprisingly beguiling riff on everything and nothing. There’s a certain dopey wit behind the meandering rolls of autistic logic and gadfly-like use of recurring leitmotifs (ethnicity, conceptual art, etc.) The cliche of the innocent’s (of sorts) bewildered view on the world works well - Bridges most effective - to offset the general nihilism of the piece. Can a film itself be the MacGuffin, though?

20. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I love this group of characters. Coen Brothers' great storytelling. The dream sequence with Julianne Moore as a Valkyrie and Peter Stormare running after Jeff Bridges with huge scissors is priceless. The movie only grows on me and the Dude is cool. Take my word for it - it's great

21. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I really don’t understand the hype surrounding this film whilst Barton Fink is serverely underrated.

22. Arijan's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

23. gaussian's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

i feel so culturally literate now that i know about the dude

24. Nicole's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

The tree of life for comedy. Endless comfort from this one. New shit has come to life! This gives me life! And i don't say that about a comedy often. And i love comedy.