1. msmichel's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Why this film is so beloved is beyond me. The Coens have made some incredible films over the years but for me this is not one of them. Scattershot scripting, under written characters and visually interesting sequences that go nowhere seem to work against the film. Mind you the soundtrack is quite monumental.

2. SiIencio's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Very weak and loose incursion into the film-noir by the Coens. Here the plot is fairly insubstantial and the blanks are filled with humour to give some needed weight to the lot. But it is the figure of the charismatic and nihilistic Dude what makes the film for many and this character alone has been reason enough to grant this film cult status in the eyes of many of its wide following.

3. Al Sampedro's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I love it, I can't help it...

4. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

5. Francisca's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Ai pá, SIM! Personagens consistentes que refletem a história e o seu acaso.

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

A surprisingly beguiling riff on everything and nothing. There’s a certain dopey wit behind the meandering rolls of autistic logic and gadfly-like use of recurring leitmotifs (ethnicity, conceptual art, etc.) The cliche of the innocent’s (of sorts) bewildered view on the world works well - Bridges most effective - to offset the general nihilism of the piece. Can a film itself be the MacGuffin, though?

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I love this group of characters. Coen Brothers' great storytelling. The dream sequence with Julianne Moore as a Valkyrie and Peter Stormare running after Jeff Bridges with huge scissors is priceless. The movie only grows on me and the Dude is cool. Take my word for it - it's great

8. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I really don’t understand the hype surrounding this film whilst Barton Fink is serverely underrated.

9. Arijan's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

10. gaussian's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

i feel so culturally literate now that i know about the dude

11. Nicole's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

The tree of life for comedy. Endless comfort from this one. New shit has come to life! This gives me life! And i don't say that about a comedy often. And i love comedy.

12. demamdq's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I can watch this movie every day, and not get tired. of it. The best feel-good movie of all time.

13. mootz15's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

In what way is this movie like the Bible? Well, it is a jumbled mess of self-contradictory cliches and half-baked mysticism interspersed with studied moments of situational comedy. Some it inspires to outlandishly fanatical devotion (or hatred), others it merely lulls with its familiar moralising, off-kilter characters, well-worn catchphrases and ebullient humanity. I fall in the latter category.

14. F/K's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

A funny and touching Chandlereqsue film

15. David Dango's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

What the hell did I just see?

16. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

(2.5) funny at times, but all over the place

17. Erica __'s rating of the film The Big Lebowski

6. Gave me nothing at all.

18. Beril's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

"Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."

19. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

4.5 stars. One of those films which seems to change in brilliance depending on the company one watches it with. I've generally found it to be a film more beloved by het blokes, with its focus on male friendship, bro-ish appreciation of the ladies and vague libertarian streak (as with the webcomic 'Achewood'). It's such a fun time at the movies I love the big stoned shaggy bear of a film. In its way it's kinda kawaii!

20. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

it really tied the room together

21. chazell's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

will i ever get to see more than 10 minutes of this film

22. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Chissà perché ho aspettato fino a ieri sera per vedere questo film. È meraviglioso. Ci sono delle scene pazzesche e nonostante sia costantemente circondato da una nebbia di follia, alcool e allucinazioni, riesce anche a mantenere una giusta dose di più serio mistero e colpi di scena riguardo al rapimento. Quando Drugo prova a bloccare la porta dal lato sbagliato, mi sono piegata in due dal ridere. Grandi protagonisti

23. Myles's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

I'm still amazed somebody funded this bizarre cine-take on the Crying of Lot 49.

24. Bea Vea's rating of the film The Big Lebowski

Great cast, hilarious movie.