1. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Big Short

Brad Pitt hating on GMO's, being philanthropic, and conveying how hard it is to be rich is all I remember. That and the tub scene with Margot Robbie and Selena Gomez in the Casino with some one I can't remember right now breaking the fourth wall to dumb down Wall Street marketing stuff into plain English.

2. Blumes's rating of the film The Big Short

McKay successfully translates his workflow from comedy to tragic dramedy

3. DaraDON's rating of the film The Big Short

OK I found it a bit hard to follow OK? I was having some red wine with it. Enjoyable all the same and depressing and funny. Christian Bale mesmerising.

4. patríciapinho's rating of the film The Big Short

me, a simple arts & humanities girl throughout this film: yes yes money man do the thing and make the american capitalism go boom

5. nejurgi's rating of the film The Big Short

some nice editing decisions and good acting

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Big Short

7.3/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Tx

7. andxro's rating of the film The Big Short

8. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film The Big Short

Basically, this is a heist film. A previous review mentioned "Ocean's Eleven": these are rogue capitalists screwing over the institutional capitalists, albeit legally. Ryan Gosling is the dapper stand-in for George Clooney, and Brad Pitt scoots on over to the Elliott Gould role as the old-school curmudgeon who isn't above a bit of payback. A rollicking MTV-style primer for Millennials on WTF happened to their future.

9. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Big Short

There are moments of brio and the overall financial exposition is good, but there are also significant problems: it's stylistically a bit in love with itself (the guest commentaries are crass) and, perhaps most crucially, in order to be entertaining it resorts to every cliché in the book in its portrayal of financial professionals. Good performances though from Bale, Pitt and especially Carell.

10. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Big Short

Very long to enter the movie but except for that it's a fun movie.

11. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film The Big Short

Should've been a documentary. The screenplay has almost zero dramatic credibility, which is odd given the gravity of the events it is depicting. The direction, on the other hand, feels lifeless despite its occasionally attempts to play at hyperactivity.

12. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Big Short

You shouldn't compare but involuntarily you do. With 'Margin Call' which I liked better. What sucks is the back & forth between drama & comedy. The begining is boring, the middle is great & the ending is solid. All parties betrayed, even the government, next to banks, brokers, lawyers, state supervision, rating agencies. Also the private borrowers contributed with extreme ignorance. Greed; the root of all evil. 3,5.

13. audipras's rating of the film The Big Short

I'll give it a 4, but hear me out here, The Big Short is a good movie. If you're into economics, this movie is for you. If you're not, and want to know what happened out there in Wall Street, this movie is for you. If you're not and just want to see Bale, Pitt, and Carell acted brilliantly, this movie is for you.

14. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Big Short

A great film which fills me with even more contempt and hatred for banks and governments than I already had and that's an awful fucking lot by the way.

15. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film The Big Short

Wow !! Steve Carell con una actuación de otro galaxia. El mundo del capitalismo que gobierna el planeta en un historia basada en la ultima gran crisis economica mundial.....interesante, pero sobre todo espeluznante.

16. Bara Badjarad's rating of the film The Big Short

Bagi beberapa orang mungkin akan membingugkan. Namun Big Short mencoba menceritakan sisi lain dari krisis yang terjadi pada ekonomi dunia pada tahun 2008 silam dengan sangat menyenangkan. Kudos untuk script-nya yang cerdas, gaya penceritaan Mckay yang menarik dan para cast-nya yang sangat mengesankan

17. Séon Kim's rating of the film The Big Short

18. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Big Short

Sono pochi i film che non finisco di vedere. E' successo forse due, massimo tre volte nella mia vita e questa è una di quelle volte. Un film dagli argomenti complessi, con un linguaggio tecnico che alla fine risulta decisamente noioso. Avrei voluto sapere come andava a finire, ma non ho nemmeno capito di cosa stavamo parlando all'inizio.

19. Beata Viscera's rating of the film The Big Short

20. katsuda's rating of the film The Big Short

Had to watch this a couple times to fully understand the housing crash but the film still did an excellent job of explaining it. I really enjoyed the cheeky humour, editing, and pacing. Was surprised to see a film of this quality from Adam McKay. Well acted all around.

21. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Big Short

For someone who has a low attention span when in comes to numbers and financial terms, this helps explain Wallstreet's gambling problem. Throw in some popular celebrities to explain economic depreciation in two hours, then I'm for it!

22. Eric Brightwell's rating of the film The Big Short

Like Todd Phillips trying to be Martin Scorsese...

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Big Short

Extremely good popularization of some financiary techniques. You can tell me whatever you want but what they're doing is not work. It's just some kind of legal fraud. I don't mind as long as they're not considering themselves as honest people. Strongly recommended.

24. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Big Short

I know next to nothing on economics but breaking the film down to follow separate stories for the 2008 mortgage crash was welcomed. And there's no big pay off with the people who got something out of it, it's bitter sweet. The 4th wall breaking was alright explaining everything like I'm 5 (partly true) and by the end I had a better understanding of banking. Mainly bullshit terms, lies and fraud on a worldwide scale.