1. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Big Sick

If the first 45 minutes and the rom-com finale are pretty weak, the middle sections quite makes up for it. It is exactly the bit that Apatow enjoys (see "Funny People) : an akward-serious comedy about death and desease. Something that goes beyond the everyday life of a stand-up comedian. The parents are interesting. It is really a refreshing 30 minutes. But caught in between too many clichés.

2. caddie's rating of the film The Big Sick

I really appreciated the shift in the mainstream perspective about prejudices on muslim communities in the West. Integration into a neoliberal society with breaking long-time traditions (e.g arranged marriage) is not the easiest piece of cake out there. Otherwise a nice love story.

3. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Big Sick

The best - and funniest - romantic comedy probably since Knocked Up.

4. Andrew Lang's rating of the film The Big Sick

5. vordven's rating of the film The Big Sick

6. ruzica's rating of the film The Big Sick

7. Diderot's rating of the film The Big Sick

This movie was actually immensely refreshing, and I didn't expect it at all. The whole cast is delightful.

8. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film The Big Sick

Why are people losing their minds over a lukewarm hospital dramedy?

9. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Big Sick

Sweetly amusing indie rom-com - or should that be coma-rom? - especially knowing its origins. But when you rely on Ray Romano to provide the acting chops, you may have a problem.

10. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Big Sick

11. Mashi95's rating of the film The Big Sick

It was not cheesy, it was true. Tradition and personal choices collide but they learn to re-adjust after the collision. And I love the protagonist's family portrait (I myself come from a similar family)

12. AugusteB's rating of the film The Big Sick

13. Justwibi's rating of the film The Big Sick

heartwarming, touching, fresh and exclusive!! definitely my favorite rom-com of the year!

14. McMurphy's rating of the film The Big Sick

15. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film The Big Sick

16. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film The Big Sick

17. soymilky's rating of the film The Big Sick

Generic hipster romcom. Also, I haven't watched a movie in ages where I disliked a character as much as I dislike the Emily character. She reminds me of shitty women you go out of the way to avoid. She can't act either. I felt so sorry for the main guy having to deal with her. It's hard to get invested in a movie when you fail to see how the main character can love the girl he's going after.

18. Z's rating of the film The Big Sick

The same hipster sitcom Hollywood has been peddling for a long time. Fashionable politics supposedly make it timely, but the setup feels weak to me at best. Nanjiani is a talented stand-up, but his acting needs work. His friends are assholes, his love interest is an emotional wreck, her parents are plot devices. A contrived romantic comedy which practically begs you to care about it's gratingly adorable characters.

19. zohen lux's rating of the film The Big Sick

sometimes all you gotta do to fix your shit is get into a fucking coma

20. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film The Big Sick

21. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Big Sick

The Big Sick is one of the top 2017 comedies I've seen this year. With consistently hilarious family/friend dynamics and equally solid dramatic elements, it's great to see Kumail Nanjiani and Michael Showalter elevating humor above the incessant sophomoric cookie-cutter "comedies" that have been churned out in recent years.

22. ebabehh's rating of the film The Big Sick

Meet the Patels meets emotionally-manipulative rom-com tripe.

23. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Big Sick