1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Big Sky

Un classique du western qui se revoit toujours avec un indéniable plaisir... www.cinefiches.com

2. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film The Big Sky

3. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film The Big Sky

people talk too much yet gestures tell us the most of all. action is a consequence of character. civilization is fraught with villains—better to leave it behind and create something new: community, a loose work in progress, an organism establishing itself with natural ease, built on the terms of the group and its unique dynamics: strong work, good gab, and whiskey: the ties that bind, the stuff of life. masterpiece

4. Brendan's rating of the film The Big Sky

Is there any other director for which violence between men is so unifying?

5. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Big Sky

6. José Neves's rating of the film The Big Sky

Cinematography by Russell Harlan. "Desire" list: Dewey Martin might have never done another film of the same level, but in this film his level is very high, while a misbehaved Kirk Douglas pupil , teasing him, teasing himself, love as parody. "The sea, the sky, both you and I/the sea, the sky, the you and I/I know we're all blues/all shades, all hues, all blues."

7. Kentel's rating of the film The Big Sky

A rather original western with splendid shootings of the forest in B&W, which seem to (and maybe do) foreshadow Jarmusch's Dead Man. Dewey Martin was a bad cast (moreover he has a completely obsolete haircut), Kirk is fine, but the best is probably Hunnicutt (Calloway) in the role of an old eversmoking trapper.

8. João Eça's rating of the film The Big Sky

Infantile western. Hawks in automatic pilot...

9. Dave's rating of the film The Big Sky

For me, just an average Hawks film...but, that means it is as good or better than a large number of films of the era.