1. Michele Andreoli's rating of the film The Big Sleep

COMPLICATO.. MOLTO..TROPPO.. MA CHE ATMOSFERA..CHE ATMOSFERA

2. Corey's rating of the film The Big Sleep

probably more like 3.5 but I'll round up to 4.

3. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film The Big Sleep

One cool movie. A heavy hitter of the genre.

4. Easton Dubois's rating of the film The Big Sleep

I guess the little just occasionally nap.

5. carmen's rating of the film The Big Sleep

So confused while watching this, but loved these lines: "Is he as cute as you are?" "Nobody is."

6. DADA WEATHERMAN's rating of the film The Big Sleep

"You do sell books, HMMM?" -- More and more, I realize that adoring this film is easily warranted based off this scene alone.

7. saptarshi's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Ironically I fell asleep twice. In two separate sittings. When I woke up bogart was kissing bacall. And then the mgm montage music came on and I turned it off.

8. HeadGEAR's rating of the film The Big Sleep

One of the coolest films of cinema history. The Big Sleep is without doubt a masterpiece.

9. Nadia's rating of the film The Big Sleep

I like a lot of the scenes, but why does the plot have to be so confusing?

10. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Bogart makes a great Marlowe.

11. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film The Big Sleep

A película ten algunhas das mellores replicas e contrareplicas da historia do cine. E os dous protagonistas teñen unha química instantanea. E (elemental para un bo 'noir') a femme fatale (que non é Bacall) é fermosísima

12. Mark_Med's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Notoriously hard to follow, (even the director couldn't figure out whodunnit!) but who cares when Bogart and Bacall start sparks every time they appear on screen!

13. errantwalker's rating of the film The Big Sleep

I love this movie yesterday it couldn't be more perfect.

14. Arisa's rating of the film The Big Sleep

I'm sorry, but I've seen this movie like three times and I still don't understand it entirely. It's like reading Tolstoy--just so many characters. Maybe it would help if I wrote them down...I'll have to give this movie another go soon.

15. mjgildea's rating of the film The Big Sleep

The Big Sleep is an unrelenting series of screw jobs that keeps the viewer on their toes and at times just as much of a victim as the parade of suckers that compose the cast of supporting characters. Bogart and Bacall's chemistry is undeniable and the movie is a big-scale example of film noir at its finest. The dialogues is superb and the scene with Dorothy Malone left me with a new definition for the word "wanting."

16. Kamran's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Love the book. Film is alright. The title is the best part.

17. Nosada's rating of the film The Big Sleep

It'd be perfect if it weren't so damn confusing.

18. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film The Big Sleep

19. Joshua Dysart's rating of the film The Big Sleep

While not as strong on performances, grit and story as Houstons seminal MALTESE FALCON, this does boast a parade of gorgeous actresses from the period, cracking dialog and fantastic war-rationing detail (gasoline stickers in cars and rationing slang only in use during WWII). Great flick.

20. Arctvrvs's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Bogart epitomizes the tough, sharp-talking ladies men of the genre

21. chanandre's rating of the film The Big Sleep

[Cinémathèque PT #194: 35 mm]

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Big Sleep

One of the best American films noir ever made. Astonishing supporting cast including a 21 years old Dorothy Malone as a sexy bookkeeper, Elisha Cook Jr. as an unlucky boyfriend and Martha Vickers as Bacall's alcoholic and nymphomaniac younger sister. A film that doesn't grow old.

23. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Dizzying, sexy, atmospheric, labyrinthine, dark, funny, and exciting-what a noir should be. Maintains a constant forward momentum despite convoluted plot, not allowing the viewer to dwell on the improbabilities of its plot twists. Faulkner's script and Hawks' direction is superb, and the cast is perfect. Even supporting players with lone scenes make an impression. This is what the image I get when I think of Bogart.

24. Dave's rating of the film The Big Sleep

Everything comes together here for a classic noir. The script from Faulkner, Brackett, and Furthman makes Chandler's dialog crackle. Hawks' direction is superb as usual. And the chemistry and attraction between Bogart and Bacall is electric. A classic example of noir that should be seen by all fans of classic cinema.