1. Dr. Mike D's rating of the film The Birds

I think this movie is important and worth examining and studying, but I never feel compelled to watch it and I'm fine with never seeing it again.

2. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film The Birds

I was maybe about 14 years old when I first saw Hitchcock's(versus Vertigo's psychedelia)hypnagogic (just listen to the silence) thriller masterpiece and my world and perception of cinema were rocked by some online thinkpiece that*suggested*a parallel between the bird attacks and Lydia's doubt, shame,fear,jealousy and repressed wishes. A perfect film then, now and forever,that gripped me and will never let go.[cont.]

3. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film The Birds

4. tri ...'s rating of the film The Birds

5. DaraDON's rating of the film The Birds

It hasn't aged well although its wrinkles can sometimes be quite interesting, making for a less dull post mortem.

6. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Birds

7. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film The Birds

Occasionally beautiful. Consistently dull.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Birds

>>> Un incontestable chef-d'oeuvre du grand maître britannique qui réussit la gageure d'adapter la courte nouvelle de la toujours séduisante Daphné Du Maurier avec un étonnant sens du suspense, de l'angoisse et de l'étrange... www.cinefiches.com

9. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film The Birds

There is no motor driving it, no music to tether it, and nothing to hold it aloft apart from that up-draft of sensual atmosphere and existential dread. Hitchcock reportedly worried at length over how to wrap things up. He eventually ditched the scripted final scene in favour of a non-resolution, an open ending, although I would have liked better a more consistent ending.

10. flalorm's rating of the film The Birds

11. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film The Birds

i love the scene when melanie go to cathy school, it's so terrific suspenseful. just heard the thousand angry birds and i so disturbing. it turns out, the bird can be a terrible thing.

12. Freakyfilm's rating of the film The Birds

13. Maïna's rating of the film The Birds

14. anacecil's rating of the film The Birds

Magnífica !!! Un clásico del suspenso y del teror !!!

15. sominjeon's rating of the film The Birds

I watched this movie after reading the book. Disturbing, but kinda badass.

16. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Birds

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Birds

3-4. I'm ambivalent about qualifying this one. It's curious that the story of Melanie's relationship with the family wasn't really taken anywhere. It seemed like prime territory for the sort of psycho thriller fun Hitchcock's been known for. But he deserves serious kudos for managing to make birds genuinely scary, when I'm sure most people don't particularly take them very seriously.

18. patríciapinho's rating of the film The Birds

the ending was so anti-climatic

19. Patrick John's rating of the film The Birds

In an interview, Tippi Hedren says that because the mechanical birds were broken / not working, Hitchcock started to throw real birds at her

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Birds

I just come back from England where I ate a few quail pies in order to take revenge on them.

21. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Birds

I never really thought that this was one of his strongest films, it is probably my least favorite of his acclaimed films.

22. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Birds

23. Daniela Proença's rating of the film The Birds

24. Histioteuthis's rating of the film The Birds

It would be perfect if the birds had killed the male lead and hadn't you know destroyed Tippi utterly