1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

Petit film publicitaire doté d'une sympathique animation qui se clôture par l'affirmation : "Modern worlds need modern lubrication" "Lubrication by Shell Oil"... www.cinefiches.com

2. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

3. JoakimB's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

Fascinating piece of film. However the most amazing thing is how much advertising has evolved since then. Not considering the cost of buying up seven minutes of airtime for one ad, I can't really imagine anything comparable being aired today. The very idea goes against everything that defines modern commercials, that's what makes this so fascinating.

4. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

La máquina como creación divina y motor universal; el petróleo como potencializador y sustento de la humanidad. El culto a la industrialización como una idea de progreso fincada en el siglo pasado.

5. dc.'s rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

I'm actually impressed by this commercial. It is weird but I've kind of liked it anyway, so colorful.

6. Pline K's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

Colorful and playful. Really interesting to watch what was done in animation in 1936. Even though it's just a commercial for the big bad Shell company.

7. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

A "hymn to colonialization" - in a dreamlike fashion Lye "reminds" us that only by civilization - read: technology - humanity is able to overcome nature. In this case technology obviously means Shell Oil. Go buy Shell Oil - or die in the desert. All seriousness aside, I wish I hadn't watched this sober, as it actually is a fun ride to watch.

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

Whatever it was supposed to be: it looks like a nightmare to me.

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

This commercial is a real gem of the animated film, especially with respect to the connection of stop motion technique and music.

10. Robert Peters-Gehrke's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

An interesting early commercial for oil, an animation in glowing colours, very strange, very naive.

11. Harrywolf Krstl's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

wonderful wonderful (but wow shell is involved..)

12. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

this is pretty fun but, unsurprisingly, it feels a lot more insidious when Len Lye is advertising the wonders of petroleum than when he was just telling you how great the postal service is

13. Ioana's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

14. Kadjavsi's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

15. Algitya's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

16. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Birth of the Robot

well, i do not know excatly why i am `fanning` this...