1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Black Balloon

There's something familiar about many of the ingredients here: the focus on the difficulty of coming-of-age within a conservative community that recalls numerous Australian films from the past, especially the 80s and 90s. That said, this shouldn't take away from the fact that this is a sensitive and heartwarming depiction of ordinary people dealing with the accumulative strains of raising an autistic child.

2. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film The Black Balloon

So sweet and lovely. Great dialogue. wanted to to bail after the first 5 minutes but so glad I didn't. Such a worthy film.

3. Penelope q's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Niice to watch, even with all the cliches it carries.

4. iamgarethjones's rating of the film The Black Balloon

I take my monkey hat off to Luke Ford for his hands-down stunning performance as the autistic Charlie. Just wow. A strong drama that really does hit home how hard it can be to have close relatives with developmental disorders. Tough to watch in places but heartwarming in others.

5. Victoria's rating of the film The Black Balloon

It's a sweet film, I enjoyed watching it.

6. Superfrog's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Probably delivers what it wants hence not a minimal, but the perceived well thinkingness of the people staged in there makes me sick; it feels like the director screams, aren't we happy we aren't them.

7. Christopher W's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Not impressed with the youngsters at Thomas' school and their mocking of his brother.Australia ? Not a nice place after all but perhaps considering their treatment of migrants I should not be surprised. After all Rupert Murdoch started out as an Australian.

8. John Vlastaris's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Had few good moments but overall nothing that will remain unforgettable.

9. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Quite a good attempt at dealing with important issues. Rather unconvincing at times though, but still worth watching.

10. Richard Stopford's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Absolutely good. Well acted, well-written, well-directed, well-balanced. Just never excels or reaches any heights. Worth a watch though - although I spent a lot of the movie peeking through my fingers, expecting something awful to happen.

11. redux's rating of the film The Black Balloon

Living with the mentally handicapped. After a credible start, clich├ęs take over.

12. nvtsrmr's rating of the film The Black Balloon

It's quite touching but kinda forgettable.

13. luckipucki's rating of the film The Black Balloon

The most sweetest 4 star movie.